Should I wear specs or stop using PC :( ?

My parents forced me to get my eyesight checked and doctor recommended me to wear specs when I am using PC or mobile.

I hate specs. It makes me feel like I'm imperfect and will probably make me uglier :( So, in that case the only thing I'd do is to stop using mobile and PC for good but then again, how'd I survive then? 😳

• Use specs 👓
  • Kick your PC & mobile 🔨
8 more people deserved MH :/
Thanks a lot. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you far sighted? Like you can see far, but have a bit of blurriness when trying to read up close? If not, and it is a screen eye strain issue, you can also try some exercises to help tired strained eyes.

www.rebuildyourvision.com/.../

I have the opposite issue (I'm near sighted and can see great up close, but can't see far away). I still do these exercises from time to time to help my eyes. :)

• Woohoo... THIS. This will save my life.

• Thank you for MHO! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. In the current era you really can't take out the mobile phone or a computer
    2. It will be quite a trudge if you are w/o those
    3. Yes you can minimize the usage to 'on a need to' basis :)
    4. If you require corrective lenses, you should very much use them immaterial of how much you watch telly or use the computer / mobile
    5. On a computer and mobile phone switch to TFT till AMOLED screen than the regular ones
    5.1. CRT is the more harmful due to harmful ionizing radiation including a small amount of x-rays.
    5.2. Almost everything is just a small difference to each other and harmless. AMOLED is a type of LCD where each pixel can light or darken individually; these are just methods of blocking or filtering the light that comes from the back light.
    5.3. The back light can be TFT, LED or anything else.
    5.4. Other than CRTs everything else is minimal.

• My computer is LCD and my mobile is AMOLED and yeah, my parents were also saying that I shouldn't and can't stop using screens.

Thanks a lot :)

• Life has a way of taking people of the same traits in different paths :)

• Thank you again young friend for your thoughtful and generous gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :)

What Girls Said 8

• i suggest you get glasses or contacts instead, if you have issues with weight or strain you should ask for specifically lightweight (sturdy) frames and thin lenses, but if its really bad just get progressives, everyone hates using glasses at first (guilty) but believe me you'll get used to it :P

it would also be a good idea to to take 30 minute breaks between 2 hour sessions on the pc, use some eye-drops (optomologists prescribed) every now and then and get some well deserved sleep instead of being a vampire (guilty) and your eyesight should improve :)

• "every now and then and get some well deserved sleep instead of being a vampire (guilty) and your eyesight should improve"

LOL why I'm still on mobile @1:30 AM haha.
      I don't sleep well. That may be the reason. I'll make a time table soon.
      Thanks

• You have such pretty eyes that glasses will only emphasize them. Plus you want to do everything you can to protect your eyesight. What will happen to your eyes when you're 50 if you don't take care of them?

• Oh get the glasses, man!
    You'll look cool either way. How many people wear glasses and some of them look even hotter with the glasses. ;)

Could you go all of your life without using a computer? Not possible in this day and age.

:P

• You dont have to. These blurriness can often correct by itself. You need to refrain from over using your eyes. Slow down. Take a break. Spend time more in day light. Read less.

Wearing lens more often causes the eye vision to deepen.

My mum has about -1.5, Myopia. It has been the same for over fifty years. She doesn't really wear glasses for doing anything.

• That's what I am thinking tbh.

• Serving your parents is something else to do.

• They come home @3 PM. Mom takes nap because she gets tired and dad goes out with friends and to take groceries. In the evening, mom is busy making food and even if she's free, I'm not interested in talking to her because all she have is either to talk about family, looks, dresses or my future wife etc.
      My dad has great topics but I don't know why but since the beginning of this year, he's high every eve and talks shit afterwards. I avoid him as possible.

{Forever Alone} ;_;

• Nothing wrong with wearing glasses. If you're straining your eyes and squinting when you're reading books or looking at screens, you're doing much more damage to your eyes and will eventually have to wear glasses all the time.

• Right now, I need them when I am front of screen only, not in case of books. And it is possible for a human being to survive without PC/mobile. But... :/

• That's a mental block you'll have to get over. Millions of people wear glasses so it's not anything weird. There's no such thing as perfection so trying to attain it is going to drive you insane.

• Thanks a lot :)

• Lolol you're so cute. You're just starting to realize that as humans we aren't perfect? I wear contacts and glasses and I'm still super cool. 😉💙

• Well, not exactly perfect but kinda pseudo perfect who can brag that his body don't need anything to function flawlessly and hey, I told you that you are aesthetically inimitable. At least to me. ;)

You wear glasses and you're super cool and I don't wear glasses and still I try too hard to be cool :/ there's difference between us.

• Someone here created a pic of me with specs. I look like a clown lol
      http://s16.postimg.org/ldaj0s2it/Capture_1.png

• Lol. Take me shopping with you to pick out a better pair 😉

• You should wear glasses because I wear glasses and we have to twin lol. Nothing is wrong with glasses. Tbh glasses Makes most people more attractive

• You could always get LASIK eye surgery.

What Guys Said 5

• Whatever you do, stay on GAG. If it means ruining your eyesight... then so be it. Life always requires sacrifices.

• Get contacts.

• Looks aren't the only problem, imperfections is. I need them when I am front of screen only.

• For the record, you'r going to be your own worst critic, anyone else won't give it a second thought, or even like you better with them.
      At least you only need them while in front of a screen, I'm literally half blind without mine.

• Great point I must say :)

• Specs make people look smexy!

• Limit your use of PC and mobile, do use specs when using Pc and mobile cause it would save you from further weakening of eye-sight

• Ever heard of lenses?

• @musicbrain5 What's the problem with your eyes then? Maybe things are different in Canada, when I first got my lenses, I still lived in the Netherlands, the sort I have isn't sold here. So every month my sister sends me a package from the Netherlands with some other things they don't sell here, like food en books.

• There are all kinds of lenses available here - that's not the problem. The problem for me is that contacts don't will not properly correct my strabismus/amblyopia which is a physical problem with the eyeball muscles - they cause the eye to turn inwards (or outwards in some people). My left eye turns inwards a little bit even though I had corrective surgery done on the muscles about 15 years ago. Lazy eye is what people call it. You can't really notice it on me, but it's there.

Glasses help keep my eye straight and they force my eye muscles to strengthen and work together, whereas contacts don't do that since they only directly correct your vision and not the position of the eyeball itself.

I could wear lenses just to correct the astigmatism and slight near sightedness, but failing to constantly correct the lazy eye could become a problem in the future as I get older.