Do you like your voice in recordings?

In case you didn't know or haven't realized, the voice you hear when you talk is not what others hear. It's altered by the acoustics in your skull and whatnot before reaching your own ears, but you can hear your voice when you record it and play it back. The realization of this fact when watching a video of yourself or hearing a voicemail you sent usually brings discomfort and confusion.

So my question is: Do you like the sound of your voice in a (good quality) recording / what other people hear? Or does it bother you a bit?

• Yes, I like the sound of my voice that others hear.
  • Meh, I've learned to accept my actual voice.
  • No, my recorded voice is stupid. I wish it would die.
  • Say What? My voice sounds different to other people? I would check but I can't or I'm too lazy.
My answer is that I've learned to accept it and mostly try to ignore that fact.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, no, no, heck NO D: everytime I hear my voice recording, I'm like Gosh, I sound so.. Weird, very annoying :/ But, people actually like my voice and often tell me, I have really beautiful voice. I have many friends. So, I don't know if they're just being kind or they really meant it, LOL

• Wby? Do you like to your voice? :o
      And thanks for MH :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like my voice. I didn't at first when I first heard it a few years ago, but now I like it

What Girls Said 19

• lol well no i dont like it that much but i am learning to accept it. u know, what's actually helped with that is all the nice comments u foreign people say haha :P

• Nope. I hate it. My voice sounds like my voice sometimes when I'm recording, but most times it sounds weird.

• NOOOOOO, I fucking hate it with a passion.

• I think my recorded voice sounds like a man so I kind of hate it a lot...

• I sound like a fucking baby, I hate it, but my actual voice is okay I think, I mean, I can't change it, I gotta deal with it lol

• I like the way my voice sounds when I'm speaking, but I hate the way it sounds when it's recorded. I sound like a child, it's ridiculous.

• I hate the sound of my voice. It's too deep and people make comments on it way too often.

• meh i'm fine with it

• i don't like my voice anywhere..

• I hate my voice with a passion. No matter what form it's in.

• I have learned to accept. It's quite and kind of soft... it sounded off to me at first.

• Sometimes I do

• I've always hated my voice 😖

• no i hate it :/

• my voice needs major improvement

• I've never paid much attention to my voice but it sounds decent in a recording

• Don't like it. I wish it sounded more innocent lol

• I sound mousey which is weird cuz im so feisty

• Basically, I sound like a kid in recordings. I've learned not to hate it though. It's just the way it is. I can't change it.

What Guys Said 13

• I actually went around campus with a tape recorder back in college and asked people if they knew their voice was different, it wasn't for class, it was more for entertainment,

I make music, so I am very well aware of how my voice actually sounds and keep it in mind when recording vocals, I've gotten very used to my voice, but even then, I like the way I think I sound to myself. But knowing how I sound helps me to correct any vocal imperfections such as singing off key, which, when recording, I don't know I'm doing. It works the same with mirrors, we get used to our reflection and can't see ourselves how others actually see us.

• I think I like mine - The only thing when I am being recorded I get that nervous tightening of the vocal chords but I reckon in normal speech it sounds okay

• I don't like my voice. It bothers me. I don't think I've really accepted it.

• First time I heard my voice in a recording I thought I sounded like a dork... I have accepted it now. What else can I do?

• I really didn't like it during my awkward puberty phase. It was so awkward.

Now, though, I like it.

• I recorded myself reading shit to remember for an exam and played it while I slept, I have a silky smooth sexy voice!

• I guess. Not bad. Not much of a singer or even a talker but I think I sound nice.

• I dont mind it.

• Sure I like it, further more everyone that hears it likes it.

• My voice is like a little 14 year old boy. I am 22. It feels like Hondou Eisuke from Detective Conan.

• It's alright. Could be worse, I suppose...

• UGH. MY VOICE. I HATE YOU SO MUCH!

• My voice is amazing in every way. Much better than everyone else's at the very least.