I asked one of my friends to the ball and he said maybe. He still hasn't given me a reply. What should I do?

So I've know this guy for 6 years now, and straight to the point I fell for him. He's pretty shy and doesn't really have any friends that are girls except me and one of my friends. So I asked him to the ball, cause I know he's not game, and he said maybe. What does maybe mean? Apparently it's the guys way of letting you down easy. It's been 3 weeks now and I'm guessing he might think I like him. I really don't know what to do, and all I want is an answer, help?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Call him and be like "DUDE are you coming to the ball with m or not? I need to make plans and need your answer like yesterday."

• Honestly if he's going to do that just ask him if he has a answer yet and if you don't want him to know say a simple.
    "I only meant it as friends."