Are you a Introvert or a Extrovert and are you proud or not proud to be one?

I'm definitely an Introvert but sometimes I can be an Extrovert, it just depends and sometimes I can be proud of being a Introvert, sometimes I can't :) So which one are you?

Introvert- A shy, reticent person

Extrovert- An outgoing, overtly expressive person

• I'm a Introvert and I'm proud to be one :)
  • I'm a Introvert and I'm not proud to be one :(
  • I'm a Extrovert and I'm proud to be one :)
  • I'm a Extrovert and I'm not proud to be one :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely more of an extrovert, and im proud of it overall.

There are cons to being an extrovert, and I do experience them. With so many people these days being introverted, being extroverted does tend to make these people freeze up and get uncomfortable. Probably because Im the type that is "instantly comfortable" with people, and introverted people may need more time to "warm up" to people.

Even on GaG, when I private message people, I could tell I intimidate people with this "instant comfort" I have. I very much, HIGHLY doubt, that most GaGers are THAT painfully shy with everyone... so it has to be my "in your face" personality. :-P

Most Helpful Girl

• I am both. And I am proud of myself.
    Life is strange and human beings are strange too. Our moods can change quickly. So I can be both; depending on sitiuation :)

What Guys Said 29

• First I would like to note that being an introvert has nothing to do with being shy or not. Even though an introvert can be shy it's not a prerequisite for being an introvert.

On a fundamental level an introvert is simply someone who is energized by being alone where he or she likes the ability to be with their own thoughts and ideas undisturbed. An introvert usually dislike being with people simply because other people tend to distract them and drain them of energy. But when an introvert chooses to be outgoing he can be the most outgoing and expressive of the bunch. An introvert simply chooses when and when not to be.

An extrovert would be someone who get energized by being around other people and being alone makes them bored, restless and sometimes even depressed.

That being said, I would guess I'm on the far end of introverted. It's not something I would be proud of but I simply find it an enjoyable state of being where always trying to interact with other people seems tiresome. An extrovert would obviously say the opposite where the willingness to be alone seems very boring.

It's a fundamental difference and both types have their pros and cons.

• Thanks for telling me that :)

• You are welcome.
      I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but the misconception that an introvert should be some shy, anti-social and low self esteem kind of individual is so wide spread and I'm simply trying to set the record strait and actually give the introverted the credit they deserve :)

• It's ok I understand

• I would say that I'm a little bit of a mixture of both but leaning more towards extroverted.

If i'm around a group of people i don't really know, but the people in that specific group all know each other, that's when i'm a bit quiet but i would occasionally speak.

However if i am around friends and people i know, I am quite the loud lad. I would comment on everything, i would be chattering and messing around quite a lot.

My actions in general are extroverted for example, the way i walk, the way i talk, the way i give eye contact to people and communicate. This wasn't natural for me, infact i had to build and train myself to be self confident like that.

I wasn't born an extrovert. I was willing to change because it just seemed better for me and i decided to do something about it. Turns out I'm doing this quite well.

• That's good to hear, thanks for answering :)

• We'll I'm not shy and I'm really open with my feelings compared to most people. I'm not talkative with people I don't know though.

I'm just me
    media3.popsugar-assets.com/.../...ot-so-Sue-Me.gif

• That's awesome, thanks for answering

• I'm a judicious extrovert though most judge me as an introvert lol

Vote 'E'? :D

• Never voted because I don't fit in either. It depends on the day and the occasion. Anyhow, I don't think we should be proud to be either it's just who you are; it's not an accomplishment so their is nothing to be proud in.

• i think i am an ambivert
    my mood is very volatile, one sec i am sunshine and rainbows, the next second i am acid rain and volcanic eruptions!

I am mostly introverted, with people i dont know
    and my few close friends i am open with

• I'm a shy introvert. It's harder to live with both introversion & shyness. Anyway I don't regret it anymore. I've my awesomeness. Just need right kind of people around me.

• I'm introverted that can be outgoing at times.

From what I've learned, introverts = people that need to be alone to "recharge.."

Extroverts = "recharge" by being around other people.

• I am a proud introvert. My inner thoughts are too powerful for a mortal.

• I was extroverted but I'm starting to become introvert as time passes by...

• I'm really introverted and it hurts i keep things bottled up.

• Introvert and proud because other people suck.

• Lol thanks for answering

• Hmmm I would say I am most like an ambivert :)

• I'm introverted but it doesn't bother me since I only hang with a close group of friends. Plus I hate attention too so...

• Oh and thanks for answering :)

• I'm a extrovert but sometimes I feel mixed

• I'm an introvert and I'm not proud to be one. Being an introvert is a bit of a struggle.

• Yeah I know how you feel :/

• i am an extrovert and Proud! ξ ( ̄^ ̄)§

• I'm an introvert but always battling it hard, still not entertained at crowded places or in a company of too many.

• I am an extrovert and I get laid so much because of it. With that said I can be an asshole at times though.

• I am introvert definitely my daughter Ashley (aka you ) is just like me 😛 😛 😜

• I'm an extroverted introvert who is an introverted extrovert

:)

• Lol and thanks for answering. I like your profile pic :D

• Ya I changed it. But I don't change it nearly as often as u do lol make up ur mind!

• Who would be proud of being an introvert.

• A delayed extrovert, but an extrovert no doubt.

• I really want to be an extrovert but sadly I am more introverted

• It's ok to be an Introvert :)

• It continues to bring me lots of sadness because outgoing people always have it better.
      That is why I'm trying to become an extrovert

• Oh yeah I know how that is :/

• I am a wannabe extrovert, but an introvert big time.

• Ima ambivert

• Kind of an introvert, but mostly shy.
    Excellent definition from @abzence by the way.

• I'm an introvert, I don't think it's anything to be proud of. I'm not ashamed because of it, but I think it's good to be sociable. I certainly envy people who can just walk up to anyone anywhere and get a conversation going.

• introvert and it sucks!

What Girls Said 25

• I'm an introvert unless I know the people very well. I wish I was an extrovert, I feel like life would be easier.

• I first voted in the poll and I wanted to start this opinion saying that it made me sad to see all the votes that were in the "introvert, but not proud to be one" section. I'm an extrovert, but I see such beauty and depth in introverts that I see lacking in myself. Somehow, society has given us an idea that it is ideal to be talkative, around people all the time, and has equated extrovertedness to confidence.
    First, because an extrovert may lean to be more talkative or outgoing, they may miss the cues or feelings of others. While introverts seem to be very observant and can more easily empathize. Extroverts can get in trouble with being rash or speaking to quickly things that shouldn't be spoken. Introverts are slow to speak, and speak with wisdom, something that I admire.
    Of course, none of this is to say that extroverts can't have these qualities. I just have found that it's more common among introverts. My overall message is that we are all different, and that introverts rule!

• Thanks for sharing this :) and thanks for answering :)

• I'm an extrovert and proud to be one. I can be an introvert a lot too, though. I'm like 60% extrovert and 40% introvert. Life is cruel like that.

• I'm really an extrovert, if I'm shy around someone you can almost be 100% certain that I have a crush on that person haha making it very obvious 😅

• I'm an introvert lately ( I used to be ambivert) and most of the time I'm totally fine with it. Of course, when there's a big presentation or something, I kind of dislike it. My anxiety kicks in then.

• I'm an extrovert when I'm with a group of people/lots of people, but if I'm just with another person I can be a bit introverted/shy. I like to be an extrovert, because I'm pretty much never bored and I feel like people don't forget about me xD Okay that sounded so weird.

• Thanks for answering :)

• Introvert and I'm not proud but I'm not ashamed either. It's just me :)

• 60% Extroverted. and proud of it

• I'm an introvert and definitely not by choice. No, sometimes I'm not happy about it. I've always had a hard time making lasting friendships.

• Thanks for answering :)

• I'm a mixture of both and I'm proud to be one. :D

• That's awesome to hear girly :) thanks for answering

• I am an ambivert

• I am an extrovert. I am neither ashamed nor proud of it. It is just another fact about me like having brown eyes or spade shaped fingernails.

• Thanks for answering :)

• I'm introverted. Some days, I'm completely fine with it. Other days, I wish I were more extroverted.

• shy is different from introvert
    shy means you're scared being around other people
    introvert means you primarily regain energy by being alone
    i like being an introvert

• Thanks for telling me that and thanks for answering :)

• Ambiverts for the win!

• Lol thanks for answering

• Introvertedddd.

• I am an introvert at heart and I hate being one so I turn myself into an extrovert. I'm a forced extrovert because I refuse to be treated and looked at like an outcast like a weirdo even though I am I keep it inside

• Thanks for answering :)

• I am very extroverted and I wouldn't change for anything.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• I'm an ambivert but more of an introvert. I don't actually like it because I'm not that social and not good with keeping conversations with people. But sometimes, when I'm with my friends I act like I'm an extrovert lol kind of gives me confidence

• Thanks for answering :)

• Extrovert but i could be both.

• I consider myself a semi-social introvert. I can be extremely shy and I can be quite social depending on the situation.

• Thanks for answering :)

• Introvert and I don't care.

• I think I am both

• I am an introvert. There is nothing to be proud about and there is nothing not to be proud about. I consider it a neutral characteristic. There is nothing positive or negative about it.

• I'm a Introvert and not proud of it. Sometimes it's harder for me to get to know people because I'm an introvert.