Do you really think a person is proud if he doesn't speak, laugh, smile much?

I just can't find the reason so I don't bother to, unless I really want to talk, or smile/laugh. I don't like attention and when I do, people look at me and it makes me feel so stupid.
Many people have told me (who I genuinely rescpect, so I take their opinion seriously) that my silence makes me seem proud.
Like even if i am with people who I've known for a long time and we're good friends.. I stay silent. Unless I really wanna talk.
P. s:- i'm not shy. I'm not afraid to say anything either.
And another question, should I bother to talk nonsense if I wanna seem friendly in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't speak much either, but i'm extroverted (0. o), really its all about stance, posture and the way you act, verbal speaking isn't the only form of language, your body gives off a language of its own, and others see that and attempt to grasp what you're like (hence prejudgment or prejudice (or just generally thinking what this person may be like)), for instance, you could be loud as hell, always talking, but if you don't act like you speak, you might be seen as weak, strong, friendly, horrible etc. so, pay attention to how you act and what you do! (p. s. your accent really did sound scottish when i heard it first)

Most Helpful Girl

• A girl in my class is just like that. She always has a silent poker face and sometimes she puts the air that she is angry. She has a few friends because she doesn't like to associate a lot. My teacher sometimes cracks jokes and everybody laughs, and then he looks at her and he is like O_o "Some people never laugh no matter what." xD

Personally, I feel maybe she is a very sad person, or maybe she is the kind who is very serious. Although I laugh and joke a lot unlike her, but generally, I am a quiet person myself like her so I understand her, and I don't assume she is a proud or arrogant person. She just feels it is unnecessary to talk sometimes and prefers to listen instead.

• It's true, I don't have many friends either.
      Do you think I should change if I wanna seem friendly?

• @Keyspirits yup

• Thank you @asker ^-^

What Guys Said 8

• No, there are many possible reasons for such behaviour.
    1. they are proud
    2. they are shy
    3. they are nervous (probably entering a new environment where they dont want to attract much attention)
    4. they are depressed
    5. it's just a part of their personality. somewhat relating to how the person was raised- a strict conservative family or an orphan staying with relatives, etc etc. ( like harry potter didn't speak much before he went to hogwarts)

• No. I'm pretty shy or untalkative, and prefer some chanting or meditation, so I don't like to talk too much. I don't mind talking about good things with some friends who are like family though.

• No if i don't speak it's usually cause I'm upset and I'm really shy too
    so it's hard to say i can say i do the same thing i can't find a reason why
    i don't speak ,

• No, that does not make you proud. It is fine. And no it is better to stay honest and not talk rather than talk for the sake of talking.

• How can you help but smile at this emoji 😝

• When I don't talk people think I'm dying. Cuz they're so used to me talking.

• I'm the same way, except that I am shy.
    I wouldn't think you were proud. I'd think quiet, reserved, or shy maybe.
    I wouldn't bother talking just to seem friendly; I personally find small talk boring.

• No. Opinion is either too long or too short.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah. People who don't know me assume I'm stuck up just because they don't see my talk or smile.

Just do you.