Is it me? or is gag being taken over by little kids tryna give advice?

Am i the only one who notices that these little 17,18 yr olds tryna give advice to us older folk? like i had a 17yr old try to give me dating advice on one of my questions. Like wth? what advice can u give? You havnt even experience life lol im alil annoyed by it to be honest.. is anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• LMFAO let them speak their mind.

• Lol! Im not saying they can't im just sayin for them to go do it somewhere else like on fb or something with thier age range lol 😁

• GaG is their age range. Users as young as 13 are on here. And just because I am 17 doesn't mean I like Facebook. I hardly use it, so stop lumping us all into one category.

• Well, was the advice good?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not the only one. Have you also noticed the growing irrationality that happens to be pretty common among people our age, sometime older (usually within the male gender)? I completely understand what you're saying. I asked a "fart" question about SOs and some 16 year old commented that I should try changing my diet if it smells...

THAT WASN'T THE QUESTION, KID... lol.

I'm not saying that they may NOT have experienced what you have gone through, but it is annoying to get it. (Speaking of that, I wonder if anyone older is annoyed by what I said. Probably because I'm doing the same to them that's happening to you... haha).

• Lol yes! I have noticed.. and ya im not saying they havnt gone through anything im just sayin shut up and ket grown folk talk among grown folk lol.

• YES! I wish there was a specific section for people 25 and up. (I say 25 instead of 21 now because I just turned... haha).

• Yes!

What Guys Said 20

• 17 is actually pretty normal here. Hey, if it's good advice, don't discount it.

And lol, you're in your mid-twenties, calling us LITTLE kids. You're acting like you're 45.

www.google.com/search

GaG has always been this way. And it isn't unheard of for 17-18 year-olds to be dating and even be part of successful relationships with people older than you especially quite men your age are dating women my age. So get your head out of your ass and start having some respect for people that aren't quite your age.

• I know just what you mean... there was this 25--29 year old the other day... ah, don't get me started.

• Just because some are young doesn't mean they can't give good advise or opinion

• They are just trying to help, give them a break

• >>>>>>"like i had a 17yr old try to give me dating advice on one of my questions. Like wth?"

^ lol! I'm not sure why, but that made me laugh. :D But as long as the 17-year-old is nice and sincere about it, I don't see the problem. Depending on what they say, it might be kind of adorable actually. xD And as long as people qualify for the age requirement to be here, they should be allowed to speak their minds.

It's true that one does not get relevant advice from younger people as often as one does from older people --- it's just a matter of life experience --- BUT even parents are sometimes able to learn something new from their own children: the very kids whose diapers they once changed and whose bottoms they once wiped. xD So everyone, no matter how old or young, may have something to contribute, and so deserves a fair chance.

• They can certainly give spelling advice.

... ahem, with that out of the picture, I must admit that dating advice at the age of 17 doesn't really apply when you are 26, because the world functions completely differently outside of school. Whatever you can achieve depends exclusively on how much effort you put into it and what decisions you explicitly choose to make!

But hey, they are trying. If you don't agree with their perspective, you are not obligated to follow along with it.

• "Don't shoot the messenger" Just read the message. Anyone of any age can give good advice. No need to discourage them.

Personally I think we'd have a better world if 5 year olds were running it.

• Lol this GAG battle has already been fought... end result is that as long as they adhere to GAG rules they can post what they like.

• Obviously at that age you think you know it all lol until you start learning how it really is as you grow older

• You never know, they might no a thing or two, besides there age is marked so you know, then again they could always lie about there age anyways. Anyways it's very ad hominem of you, not saying I'd take the advice of a 17, 18 yr old, but it dosen't neccessaraly mean they don't know what there talking about.

• I am not annoyed.

• Kids can be perceptive. My 9 y. o. nephew comes out with some pretty profound things.

• So you disapprove of under 18 users giving dating advice, but you still ask for it in your questions I'm assuming, while claiming they have no experience?

• -shrugs- it is what it is.

• Advice can be good or bad.. up to you to take it.

• This made me laugh, not with it at it. What can you possibly do about this? Set an age requirement?

• Yeah, but they can make good point too.

• Alright 17 and 18 year olds, lets riot.

• I'm not annoyed at all. It's what I expect. If you had as much experience as you imply you'd have expected it too. Haven't you ever seen a child who has just learned something new and to them wonderful? The first thing they do is try to find someone else to impart their amazing discovery to.

• Observation of this question & received answers teach us some things:

1) How so-called 'grown up' crowd can be like obnoxious little kids.
    2) How insightful those 15-18 younglings can be.
    3) How stupid 15-18 younglings can be and proving asker right.
    4) Life experience is not 'entirely' dependent on age.

What Girls Said 18

• Being 17 doesn't make someone immature and their advice irrelevant.
    Being 25 doesn't make you mature and your advice relevant.

• I have given advice to much older people here, lol and it has worked well for them.

:p
    So I believe I give helpful advice.

• Or maybe you should thank them for their advice and not be a bitch about it. Teenagers can be profound and can give advice. Be thankful that there are people who care enough to give advice.

• Hey, I'm one of those people who hand out dating advice yet is perpetually single. Not my fault.

The great thing about getting advice from someone younger is that we see things a little more simply. A little more black and white. That's why getting advice from us can be so helpful. Because we don't complicate our view with all of your fears or worries or concerns. We say it as is, we see it as is. We might not have experience with it but come on, you don't think we see it everywhere everyday? We aren't that stupid.

• Your poor grammar "annoys me a lil" as well and you don't see me bitching about it.

• Time for you to get over it 👍

• I am with you, most of us in the age range mentioned do not have the life experiences to give a lot of advice. There may be situations that regardless of younger age are pertinent to the conversation. For instance in my case I know about entering into a romantic relationship with my best friend or reasoning why one would marry said best friend a 18 and 19 while we are both in college. So there are exceptions.

• I've seen younger people give some really good advice and I like to think I can give good advice goo. It's not like I'll answer a question that I'm completely clueless about myself otherwise that would be just dumb. Age doesn't have much of an effect on the experience you have or things you've seen, rather place and time, and so different people can give you advice. If you're willing to reject help from other people just because you think you're better than them then you don't deserve help at all. I wish we could get rid of the rude people on this site like you, that's when we'd have less problems.

• "older folk" still waiting for that quarter life crisis huh? XD

• Age is just number and
    it is no guarantee of wisdom.
    If they say something intelligent I would love to listen them.

• overall, the proportion of 25-29 year olds on this site is decreasing while the proportion of under 18s is increasing. but i don't think because they're young, that their advice should be immediately dismissed.

• I don't see something wrong with being young and try to give some advices to someone older! I was very mature since i was 14 and people used to ask me for advices about some things and i was doing pretty good own my own. The point is you can't think you're better because you're older or even mature and they're not because this isn't right being old it doesn't mean you're better than everyone"i mean you see a lot of olds out there but some of them are stupid and act like desperate kids"

• Everyone has the right to answer.
    Plus, I've asked some stuff and seen like, 14-15 year olds with some good advice.
    It can happen.
    Everyone has insight

• some of the best advice i've seen on here has come from younger members. fresh perspectives never hurt anyone

• Actually I think under 16 advice can not be very fluent. However, as far as I'm aware there is no age option so as 'older people' we must be respectful. If they bad-mouthed us we can report them.

• just because we are younger does not mean our advice isn't valuable.
    Age doesn't define how insightful you are, and sometimes younger people may have experienced more in their shorter lives than someone in their 20's.

being 17 of age doesn't mean you're not mature.
    and being 25-29 does not make you mature.

• So what? Age does not equal immaturity. I have as much of a right to be here as you do. And I'm just trying to help. Be grateful that the younger gagers on here care enough to give their two cents. It's like just because we're younger, our voices absolutely mean nothing. That isn't fair.

I am so mature that they actually trusted me enough to moderate questions. I can think rationally too. Anyone has the ability to think rationally. I've seen some 25 year olds who are very stupid on here, even more immature than some of the teens. Remember, age is just a number. Age is not equivalent to maturity.

• Yea it feels like it but they can post whatever they want as long as they follow the rules. Also, i don't think you should compare your experience with others because I know people who are younger than me who are married and have kids
    It just gets complicated if you think about it too much