A Macbook or Pc?

I recently bought this brand new apple desktop computer and now I've been called macfag all day. What do you rather have?

• Mac
  • Pc

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't prefer desktop computers because sitting for too long hurts my back.

With laptop it's more convenient. :)

What Guys Said 9

• A pc with Windows as its 2nd operating system. Let me have Linux as my primary OS. Currently, I prefer the MINT distribution. More specifically:
    Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Cinnamon Edition.
    i1-news.softpedia-static.com/.../...r-485684-4.jpg
    http://linuxmint.com/

• You know; I've been a hardcore Windows guy for a long time. Like since Windows 3.11. Sure the PC/Windows world has it's quirks but at the end of the day it can and does do a lot. I used to have a Mac then kind of abandon it because in the "IT" space using a Mac to support primarily Windows environments was always kind of tricky.

As of recently though I got back into a MacBook Pro and I really couldn't be happier. Coming from an HP EliteBook (Core i7, 16gb of RAM, SSD, just overall pretty solid) I was just blown away with the level of refinement. Apple just goes the extra mile to make thing perfect where it seems all other PC manufactures cut corners. I recall reading an article regarding something simple like the fan where Apple "The fan blades in the retina MacBook Pro are positioned asymmetrically so they don't produce a single discernible frequency while spinning. That makes the sound easier to ignore and, in turn, appear quieter.". Then something like they spent 100's of hours researching that. You don't see that kind of refinement in PCs. They'll slow a fan down or throttle CPU speed to quiet it down but they don't think outside of the box enough to change fan blade positions to tune the frequency of sound. That's just one small example; even things like the display hinges, battery life and so on just feels refined. Like fine jewelry. Magnetic charging port; that's worth it's weight in gold. Heck my HP with an extended life battery would get 8hrs straight out of the box; my Mac I can go 12hrs easily with heavy use (multiple VMs running, code compiling, etc). And just to really make myself out to be a fanboy I'm going to say it, "It just works". I can go to a clients site and not have to worry about something not working on this thing; everything always works all the time. Short of physically breaking my Mac the OS and hardware is just excellent. Yeah there are some quirks that I don't like; for example my MacBook Pro doesn't have a wired NIC port or CD drive. CD drive I don't care so much; no NIC port is kind of hard when I need to tag into a switch. But it's still nothing an external USB device can't fix. Aside from that the cost is the only other major downside. Everything Apple is expensive. All-in-all I couldn't see myself going back to a PC though after using the Mac for an extended period of time. Thing Is I really like Windows 8.1 and Win 10 too. When a software company makes their own hardware it just works better together.

• Macbook is their laptop, not desktop (their desktop is called iMac). I like Mac only for UNIX reasons (but they are more pricey usually), but, I already have my free Ubuntu and I rarely ever use Windows. I don't need any antivirus at all, had no problems with it so far, and it's stable like hell (no issues so far).

• Mac all day long. Pc and windows is for nerds who like to fart-ass around in a load of cryptic settings all day long rather than have what they want served up conveniently and intuitively.

• Macs are kinda cost-inefficient and have their own proprietary "standards" which makes it incompatible with pretty much any non-Apple device, I have no idea how people endure that.

• PC is for professional and serious use, it's also great for hardcore gaming.
    Mac is for people who aren't 100% familiar with computers. They've been called "Mom friendly" because Mac is designed for technophobes.

• Mac - makes life simple. One of the best things for me, I don't have to spend 1 penny on antivirus anymore. Apple is strong & best costumer service.

• Linux OSes like Ubuntu also don't need any antivirus and are highly stable and free as well -- don't think that the only other option other than Mac is Windows.

• One word... gaming.

• depends on what you need it for. try both and see what feels right to you. i've been a mac user for almost 10yrs and never looked back. it fits my lifestyle and needs. i run windows on my mac with bootcamp when i need special applications for classes.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sure PC's are better, but I'm so used to Macs because I have one that it'd be tough to let it go.