Let's say for some hypothetical reason, you somehow get the option to have either your dream person or $4 million.
4 million would set you up for life at 70k or so per year. We'll say this is after taxes, 'cause I know someone's gonna bring that up: your net income would be 70k a year for the rest of your life or a flatrate 4 million; and, it will adjust to inflation, meaning your money will gain value as time goes on (but only to keep even with current value), as opposed to losing it.
You still have the possibility of finding love, if you take the money, but will never find a 'dream' person. (I know. Sorta arbitrary genie.) There is no garuntee that your dream person will love you for the rest of your life, or that nothing will go wrong; but we'll say that you are their dream person, as well, and there is the best chemistry and personality mingling you've ever had with anyone ever.
Please spare everyone the platitude, "You can't buy happiness/love." Like to see you tell that to a homeless person or a wartorn 3rd world country's citizens.
- Love, love, love, love, love.81% (17)38% (6)62% (23)Vote
- Money, money, money, money.14% (3)31% (5)22% (8)Vote
- I would take 70k per year for my lifetime instead of love.0% (0)12% (2)5% (2)Vote
- I would take 4M total, instead of love.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I don't know.0% (0)12% (2)5% (2)Vote
- See results.5% (1)7% (1)6% (2)Vote