What would you choose? Money or love?

Let's say for some hypothetical reason, you somehow get the option to have either your dream person or $4 million.

4 million would set you up for life at 70k or so per year. We'll say this is after taxes, 'cause I know someone's gonna bring that up: your net income would be 70k a year for the rest of your life or a flatrate 4 million; and, it will adjust to inflation, meaning your money will gain value as time goes on (but only to keep even with current value), as opposed to losing it.

You still have the possibility of finding love, if you take the money, but will never find a 'dream' person. (I know. Sorta arbitrary genie.) There is no garuntee that your dream person will love you for the rest of your life, or that nothing will go wrong; but we'll say that you are their dream person, as well, and there is the best chemistry and personality mingling you've ever had with anyone ever.

Please spare everyone the platitude, "You can't buy happiness/love." Like to see you tell that to a homeless person or a wartorn 3rd world country's citizens.

• Love, love, love, love, love.
  • Money, money, money, money.
  • I would take 70k per year for my lifetime instead of love.
  • I would take 4M total, instead of love.
  • I don't know.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Guy

• Money because despite the bullshit people talk, it can buy you love, just not directly.

• The first thing my first year psych professor said to the class, "Money can't buy happiness. But it can make a hell of a down payment."

• He spoke the truth! lmao

What Girls Said 6

• I'll be honest , right now I would take the money, hands down. #noshame

• I would chose finding my dream person. There are ways of making money, and I don't need that much. Some money for a roof over our heads and food, etc. etc. sure, but not that much.

• 70,00 is enough to live on, especially if you start making that at the beginning of your working career. You can invest a lot of that money and be rich later.

• Can I make this decision after I have a stable income, have finished my education, and am able to get around to this?

(LOVE)

• I would pick love. Money really isn't going to me an issue for me.

• I would definitely choose love, I don't care about the money :) <3

• You will care about money when you become an adult. Unless your parents are rich and set you up.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm choosing my dream person.
    While money is nice (70k a year is better than 4M in my opinion), money can be earned in other ways and one can be happy with little money and such. Especially with your dream person, you'll be totally happy (at least for a bit) and I can only hope that they would be happy too with me xD. All you really need is enough money to get by in life and no more. Anything more than that is just for extra fun or pleasure.

• I would say fun and pleasure are pretty important aspects of life. If you just spend money on bare necessities, it's going to be a monotonous and trying life.

• Money by far, Love can literally go and fuck itself.

• Money so I can buy more of what I love... food. Om nom nom nom

• Food is pretty great. And it can never cut your dick off or burn your house down, because you cheated on it with a sugary delight.

• I'll take money every time.

Love doesn't pay the mortgage or buy the groceries.

• I would like to earn my own money, so love

• So, if someone handed you a million in cash--no strings attached--you would decline?

• Don't know where that money came from and you say there's no strings attached, but that's very unlikely as well and even then, I'm satisfied with having a simple life and besides, I already make about $80,000 per year.

• That explains it then. You already have money.

• Love❤️ Alway And forever

• If i can be happy... money at the end it just good if he can makes u feel happy soo...