My internet friend across the world makes me feel different from anyone else. What is this feeling?

I've have two major crushes in my life and they were both boys that I played hockey grew up with, I liked them at different times.
Anyways, this year, I started talking to people in the Internet because I had few friends in my god forsaken city and found friends around my age in the same fandom a as me, and one of them who is now my best friend made me meet her friend in Australia. And her friend was a boy our age. He and I are pretty close, we have are arguments but after everyone, one of us apologizes and we work through them. And he makes me feel different than anybody else I've ever met. He's so great. He's kind, caring, he understands that I actually have a brain (unlike the boys in my class despite us going to a school for academically advanced students), he understands that I understand and can play sports (again unlike the boys in my class despite me showing them up in gym class and try outs for the school hockey team), he gets that I actually like some things that are considered nerdy or geeky. This guy makes my stomach drop and my heart race at the same time he makes me more comfortable and confident than anybody else. He makes me so mad sometimes, but then he makes me so happy by messaging me. What is this horrid feeling? I hate it, but I love it. I can't help but think about him all the time, even when I'm really busy and really need to concentrate. Whenever I have a bad day, and I check my phone and see that he messaged me, it makes me feel so much better than I did before. What is his feeling? Why can he so easily mess with my emotions without meaning to? What is this and how can I make it stop?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is you falling in love haha you can't stop it. Trust me, over the past month and a half I have been talking to a guy and I feel myself falling in love just like you. I didn't mean to, but I did. I didn't even want to, but I did. It's like I can't help it, and I know he feels the same way, so it kinda makes me feel better just to know that we're both in the same position and we're both idiots for falling for each other. You can't make it stop. You can try distancing yourself and not responding, or tell him how you feel and maybe he feels the same way back. I wouldn't try to make it stop, because even though it's crazy and I didn't expect it and I didn't even look for it, it happened and it makes me happy.

• At least I know he likes me back, he told multiple times that he liked me

• Lol, you talk about this 13 year old's online romance like she's Allie with Noah from 'The Notebook'

What Guys Said 1

• It is a big massive crush - Enjoy it.

What Girls Said 1

• You have a crush!