What do you try and set up first when you move?

So... moving.. most of us have done it. Some of us, many many times.

What is the thing you try and set up/buy first when you move in?

• Bedroom
  • Bathroom
  • Fridge
  • Alcohol
  • Internet
  • TV

Most Helpful Guy

• I have moved 4 x now. even the fist time I had it planned out pretty well. I will load the moving truck up by priority with the lowest in the front part of the truck so last out. Gotta setup the bedrooms first so there is a place to sleep. then I TV/Internet for when I get pissed off from moving and want to stop and just watch TV. then it is whatever will be the fastest to get setup. I have never taken more then 3 days to be fully unpacked and setup. I am kinda OCD and just can't leave boxes laying around.

Most Helpful Girl

• As many times, @Betwyn, that i have moved from state to state, city to city, house to house and apartment to apartment, I usually Begin my own Beguine of setting up the electronics First. Then as I have already made a call and all, for them to set up a cable package with Internet, I just go ahead and make sure everything is in order by Making it arranged in a Neat and tidy order, such as the TV, computer, printer, speakers, things of this nature.
    I slowly unpack the kitchen things Second and then go to the bathroom, knowing that later I will shower, and go at that as well.
    I make sure the bed is made up so I can sleep Much much later on, for I am up Late, and by the end off the weekend or when I have moved in, all of the other things are all hooked up, even pictures to boot on the walls and all.
    My friends and family have told me I should have been a professional Mover.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 11

• Internet. Well, after power and water, anyway. I can sleep on the floor, and I can watch movies & TV off my hard drive or stream them, or use an antenna (digital HD broadcasts are outstanding), but without Internet, I practically can't live, and I certainly can't work.

• Well...
    I usually leave a month of overlap between my new place and my old so...
    Usually my workspace first , then the kitchen , then bathroom and lastly on the day I move in , I bring my bedroom.
    It's a tad more expensive that way but well at least it's less hectic and gives you more wiggle room in case things go FUBAR.

• Bedroom followed closely by the Kitchen :)

Cause when setting up rest of the apartment / house one needs to rest in between and feed too :D especially if there are older people and/or children along :)

Vote 'A'

• For me, it's the internet. I use it for so many other things. I'm not even sure I could get a good nights sleep without my laptop and a decent net connection.

• I would have said bathroom, but those are usually set up in advance. I wouldn't move into a place that didn't already have a toilet.

• well, obviously the toilet and shower and sink are there.. but all your stuff, the shower curtain..

• For me its always a bedroom and a kitchen
    I love my sleep and can't survive with out a proper meal

• The bedroom, cause I gotta sleep there that night, so at least the bed has to be done.

• I moved a couple years ago and will be moving again this month and but will be the same... TV. It's football season and I gotta have the games on so tv is a must.

• I would set up my pornographic film studio first. Then maybe the kitchen. Then my bedroom. Then the living room.

• I'm part of the majority... a nice comfortable bed to wake up from is sooooo nice :D

• TV so I can watch TV while I start working on the rest of the place.

What Girls Said 7

• Usually it's get a few things set up in the bathroom, like make sure there's toilet paper and towels. Then I bring in my bedroom stuff (mattress, boxes etc) then some kitchen stuff. This way if I can't get everything set up, I can rest on the mattress, and I have to eat so I'll have at least some napkins and paper plates or something.

I've moved for so many years, I've tried getting one room set up at a time, but it's best for me to have the basics in each room before actually setting up. :)

• As much as I wanted to say, booze, I voted bedroom, at least your bed. Not for sexual reasons, but it will be required at sometime during the first day, other rooms can get away with a box being on the floor, you can eat lunch/dinner standing near the counter, but I need my bed when it comes time to sleep. My sofas can wait a day.
    Good luck with your new place!!!

• Bed kitchen lounge in that order

• I like that order

• Always the bed first not worries about wardrobe etc as long as my beds up and sheets are on im happy then stock the cupboards and fridge , while the guys get the stereo tv and couches sorted

• bedroom is most important bc u gotta get your rest and be comfortable

• Kettle first! Then bedroom. At least there's somewhere to sleep during a tiring move!

• The bed is the first thing set up. Then the kitchen.

• bedroom ♡
    vanity and wardrobe