So, gagers. How are your cooking skills?

What is your signature dish? And how did you learn to cook?

• Of course I can cook
  • I can make toast, that's about it
  • Can't cook at all... can't even boil water

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I grew up in a household with great cooks so it always kind of came naturally. I was lucky to have home cooked meals every night even though my parents both worked because they enjoyed cooking so much. I'm the same way. I spend work a lot but spend a lot of money on quality food not only because it tastes better, but cooking is a passion of mine as passions are expensive.

I tend to cook simple quick things during the week like some sort of meat i marinade the night before, a side (like I'll make pierogies on Sunday afternoon and freeze most of them, also never underestimate how fast and easy potato pancakes are to make from scratch) and a vegetable.., mostly because I work 11 hour days and am too tired to bother with anything signature or extravagant.

Then on Sunday's I sometimes cook something signature that takes all day. Mainly Italian dishes. Ex boyfriends from years ago will still contact me every winter for my meat sauce. Or hound me for the recipe (it's that good, and I give it to them but I'm an asshole and I leave a couple key steps or ingredients out. Gotta keep it secret).

What Guys Said 17

• my skills are okay. I don't experiment with sauces and herbs enough but I make a mean fucking spaghetti dish.

• I'm not a very creative cook but I can do most simple dishes well as long as its food that falls within my cultural boundaries.

For example, I can make most European and British and American dishes but as soon as I'm into Indian or Asian cuisine I'm fucked.

I can do some middle eastern though.

• I can cook better than people around me would think. I don't have any signature dish. But attributes my dishes are... overcooked and slightly burned :P
    Whenever I was alone at home & parents told me to eat outside, I used to make dishes on my own. Mostly left bad taste in mouth but eventually learnt to make eat-able dishes.

• I cajn only cook outside BBQ

• I can cook a Mean BBQ outside smoking ribs, turkey and all and grilling Steaks and burgers. Inside I have no exp at all really.

• im an awesome cook. my mom taught me how to cook when I was like five or so I was always curious what she was doing.

• My signature dish is beans on toast

• s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1338597515_Eazy-E32.jpg
    I don't cook to give others a chance!

• I love cooking! I specialize in dips, sauces, and meats,

as well as the use of spices. :-D

• I make perfect sandwhiches. Once I make one, you'll be begging for the recipe for the combination to make the perfect sandwhich. I will not give it to you unless you lick my shoes clean.

• i know how to cook
    my mom told me how

• i do a good banana pudding lol

• As long as I have the recipe I can cook anything

• Of course I can and I do enjoy it!

• There's a few dishes I do well. Egg yolk ravioli, roast chicken, steak... just to name a few.

• I can't even turn on the stove man.

• It's not hard. Just give the recipe i do anything.

• Asian foods and breakfasts are my specialties.

What Girls Said 22

• When I lived at home a sa teen still In school and under mom and dad's roof, @sarcasticbella, I couldn't boil water, no matter how hard mom would Try to teach me even how To... Fry.
    However, Out on my own and having my own cozy nook, I looked around my beautiful Kitchen and in time... Taught myself to be the Chef and cook of the century.
    Good luck. xx

• I can make toast... Barely. I burn it every single time :P I'm only really allowed in the kitchen to make tea or to make a meal once a week now, after I managed to burn myself three times in the one night. The boys do most of the cooking now :P

• Ahaha omg how did you burn yourself three times in one night 😂

Lucky you for not having to cook! ><

• I start to learn how to cook when I was like say, 7 or 8 probably. At the beginning, I only knew how to make eggs (ie scrambled, fried, boiled etc) and cook instant noodles.

After like 10 years later, I pretty much know how to cook lots of dishes. My kitchen now is like my playroom lol 😂 I don't really have a signature dish, but I can bake pasta really well.

• Umm... I suck at cooking. I get made fun of by my best friend all the time because he's a great cook and I'm not.

• I know how to cook. My mum taught me a lot when I was a kid but now that she's not here anymore, I learn on my own. I would say my signature dish is a blanquette de veau

• I began to learn to cook when I was 13, last time I could only cook eggs and packed frozen food they sell in the supermarkets, lol.
    As time passes I started watching more and more cooking shows, cook with my elder brother (he is taking culinary courses atm) and learn recipes from my grandmother.
    I think my signature dish for now is hashed beef omelet rice (it's kind of a Japanese dish) and I have them from time to time :D

• yeah i can cook.. :)

• egg drop soup and meatballs are what i cook most often

i learned cooking on my own since my mother and grandmother don't know how to cook either

• I can cook pretty much anything if you give me a recipe...

When I cook I usually use the same ingredients, some kind of protein, guacamole, and salsa lol.

• I suck so bad at cooking. I can't even make ice, to be honest. Even my toast comes out burnt.

(I'm exaggerating but still.)

• My cooking skills are so bad that even mom wants to film me and put it on YouTube. :")

• Pretty good I'd say. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy baking even more.

• Cooking is pretty easy

• I know how to cook. I took culinary arts major at uni.

• My friends & family tell me I'm a good cook.

• I can cook really well

• Depends on who you ask. I think I'm a decent cook but everyone in my family thinks I suck at it.

• I can cook as long as I have a recipe to follow.

• I can make fried eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and omelette :D

• I really need to learn how to cook :/

• I live in a fking dorm I eat Ramen day and night

• My cooking skills are quite mediocre. They used to be disastrous, however I improved.