Is it weird to have one week of a life-changing experience?

I went to U. K... I think I fell in love.

Not with someone, but with the country, with the way of life. I've never been this affected by a vacation before.

I wonder if this is what they mean when they say you can fall in love with a person in a moment.

Maybe a part of it is just an insider looking in? Sort of like romanticizing the feel of actually living there, but not knowing that what you see as a traveller is different than what you see as a resident?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's this poem... it's by Annex Sexton... she criticized the story of Cinderella of its fanatical portrayal of relationships and shying away from the pain and suffering that comes with it.

"Cinderella and the prince
    lived, they say, happily ever after,
    like two dolls in a museum case
    never bothered by diapers or dust,
    never arguing over the timing of an egg,
    never telling the same story twice,
    never getting a middle-aged spread,
    their darling smiles pasted on for eternity.
    Regular Bobbsey Twins.
    That story. "

While it is surely romantic to fall in love in a week , we shouldn't let ourselves be blinded by the fog on the lens and the heat of the battle.

You were there on a vacation , you weren't there actually living like an everyday man with everyday troubles. Come back again , step in the shoes of a random joe. That is the true test if you can waltz to the rhyme of the nation.

What Guys Said 4

• That happens, if u r really in love then work and earn enough to make a home there one day
    Let this love be the motivator in your life

• Yeh where are you from, and also as the other guy says where did you visit, there's a huge variation, holidays are often viewed through rose tinted glasses, its different to live somewhere. if you went to a picturesque country side place with nice weather, or had an awesome time in one of the vibrant cities fair enough (again its different to live and work in them), but equally some rough areas would make you want to run a mile.

• Of all the places to love you loved the UK?

• Why do you say it like that?

• Where'd you visit, out of interest? And where are you from?

Englishman here.

What Girls Said 0