What's your take on how the existence of the world came about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what you mean by "world". Are you talking about earth as a planet or are you talking about the biology, the flora and fauna on planet earth?
    If you're talking about the plants and animals, the single most important word here would be evolution. Though evolution itself doesn't actually describe how life came into existence, it just describe how and why it developed into what we have today. The reason life came into existence in the early period of our planet's life is because non-organic materials formed into organic strands of DNA and RNA on a molecular level. While it has been proven in controlled lab experiments that such a thing is possible under the right conditions, science doesn't completely understand yet how it possible.
    If, however, you're talking about earth a rock flying through space, the best, more accurate answer so far is indeed the big bang. Though you shouldn't picture this as an explosion (it was actually more a sort of an implosion, if it really happened the way we think it did). It should maybe more accurately be considered "a very fast expansion of space-time". For many religious people, this sounds like a very unsatisfactory answer. As an atheist however, I believe it is a great answer. There is an incredible amount of things science taught us in the past 3,000 years. We are so much more knowledgable than we used to be as a species. We are learning new things about life, earth and the universe every day. But there is still an ocean of things out there that we don't know. And rather than just making unfounded, irrational assumptions like religious people do, I think it is a sign of being mature and intelligent if you can admit to yourself that you don't know everything (like Socrates who said "The most important thing I know is that I don't know anything". We may not understand the beginnings of the universe today but this doesn't mean that we might some day understand it in the distant future. Just 300 years ago, people didn't even have flushing toilets. Now we walk around with Iphones and Ipads. The fact that we don't know everything about the universe and even about our own planet and its nature is what makes all these things so beautiful. The mysteries that surround us awaken our human curiosity and need for understanding time and again. And I think that's a great thing. How boring would life be if a god really existed and we had all the answers to all our questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• The big bang. To me, there is no such thing as god.

What Guys Said 6

• My take is that we are a mixture of materials that exist in the universe.

Thats a fact... but, from how the stuff came? I dont know, we are "closed" in a weird black space. What i see is that we are not the center of it. There are more planets and stars everywhere, it's crazy...

What about you?

• I think it was the big bang, and then dust and other particles condensed to form the planets including earth

• The big bang

• God created the universe with a bang.

• by god. think, this universe would be an empty void. so the whole evolution theory is... well, void.

• Laws of Thermodynamics:

Energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed... only change form. No beginning. No end.

What Girls Said 0