What do you think of Google's new logo?

What do you think of Google's new logo?

Google is introducing a new logo today. Just a month after unveiling a major restructuring of the company, Google is updating its image, too. The new Google logo is still a wordmark, but it's now using a sans-serif typeface, making it look a lot more modern and playful. The colors are also softer than they used to be. The logo bears a bit more resemblance to the logo of Google's new parent company, Alphabet, as well. Alphabet's wordmark has a similarly unadorned look, and this update makes the two companies' design language fall more inline.

• I like it
  • I preferred the old one
  • I'm indifferent

Most Helpful Guy

• I like it but there was probably millions spent on it - It is only after all only a logo.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• Waste of time and money. Consider how many iterations Microsoft has gone through with their logo.

The current design trend for extreme minimalism, solid colours and sans serif text isn't good. You think that for years, computer users suffered with limited colour palettes and low resolutions. Finally we have millions of colours and super-high resolution monitors... and we're regressing back to a few primary colours and giant text again. Not just Windows, but OS X and even iOS. The app icon are much more basic than they used to be.

• I agree that the current trend for minimalist, flat design is not good. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going away any time soon, because I can't see any real alternative. These days, websites and applications have to cater to a much, much wider variety of screen resolutions, aspect ratios, physical dimensions, etc than ever before - everything from a huge 4k screen to a tiny mobile phone.
      That basically means everything essentially has to go vector-based, and vector graphics are far better suited to simple, bold design (so the next step will be where everything looks like a crappy Flash game).

• I understand why, however I think Microsoft might be going too far with their push to standardise the look of Windows across all platforms, because it means the platform most heavily used and for the most serious work (the personal computer) is suffering the most. I recently installed Windows 10 and I think it's a step in the right direction. All the text felt tiny at first after 8.1 but it now feels much better and makes better use of my screen. For the record, I'm running at 1080p on a laptop and HDTV simultaneously.

• I don't like it - but then I don't like flat design in general.
    You can see exactly what they're trying to do. They know they have this image of an "evil corporation / empire", so they've gone for a very naïve, childish visual style, to try and appear more innocent and friendly. At the same time, it looks more contemporary (due to the flat design) and fits better with their "Material" design language.
    So while technically speaking, it's a big improvement, there's no getting away from the fact that it's simply very ugly.

• I like it i find it to be way better than the old logo

• With how frequently I use google you would think I would notice a difference but I dont.

• I thought my browser had a virus when i saw the G attached to my tabs.

• I liked the old one better

• The logo looks ok, I'm more interested in Alphabet and whether the culture that was started at Google (including in respect to how other companies that came into it operated) will remain throughout all the subsidiaries or just be part of Google while everything else changes culture.

• I prefer the way old one, the first Google Logo. It was more 8 bit friendly and reminds me of the days of Legends of Zelda a Link to the Past.

en.wikipedia.org/.../File:First-google-logo.gif

• Hmm.. Google does all the funny things like a little kid. But beneath, it's such a nerd company, probably the nerdiest, and a giant owning the largest territory. It probably puts a mask of childishness over its otherwise nerdy character. Logo -- I liked the older one better but I'm fine with whatever funny things they show.

• I'll get used to it.

• I'm indifferent about it. It looks alright on home page & search results. However, I absolutely hate the favicon. I loved old blue 'G' favicon.

• Why make such a fuzz about it? Big deal lol

• Doesn't bother me, Google changes its logo constantly so i don't pay attention to it.

• Actually it's the biggest change to their logo since 1999. The previous logo has remained pretty much consistent for 16 years.

• Told you I didn't pay attention to the logo haha. Pretty good memory on your part for remembering a detail like that 😀

• 0 fucks given

• If you can type your logo out with an already-made font, you cannot officially call it a logo.

Google is one of those companies that doesn't actually have a logo. They have a symbol.

• Time well spent...

• Looks fine to me. I'm not sure how I feel about their new business structure; seems quite overly complicated.

• it´s like with the whole material design on iphone and android... hate it. loved the old style.

• I guess I like it more

• It looks exactly the same to me

• It's just the font. It's not that big a change, and I have barely even noticed.

• Helvicita would of been better

• Its ok but looks childish

• I like it. It's so creative.

• Dint notice it until you said it

• It's good. It's good.

• You didn't write that. Plagiarism.

• I like the new one better.

• I liked the old one better.

• That's what I call professional typography - professional graphic design worth more than 100.000$for that logo.

People in google know how to design, not like some third world (indiands or pakistan quality for 5$ design)

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• I don't like it. It makes me annoyed.

• I preferred the old one, but it's not bad.

• Yeah.. it's whatever.. they change it a lot so I don't notice it anymore

• I like it. :) It's cute but it makes me feel old at 22 years young lulz

• I don't like how the G looks. It's too... heavy. I don't how to explain it, but looking at it makes me uncomfortable. Aesthetically very displeasing. Otherwise indifferent.

• It is not much different than the previous one.

• am fine with the new logo

• I prefer using Bing.

• It's trying to pull the consumers in by looking like childlike fun. That would of been expensive too 😀

• I like it. It's pretty cool.

• eeekkk i don't like that very much. i hate the animation at the beginning. it looks childish.

• I like it, though I'll still miss the old one

• primary colours don't do much for me and that font is okish i guess...

• I don't see too much of a difference

• I like it. It looks very modern and cool! I like the tilted e. 😁

• Tbh... its pointless.
    Vote D

• I don't care either way

• I preferred the old one,. it looked more mature.

• It looks exactly the same

• This one looks a tad too childish to me, i prefer the old one...