Is it wrong to attend this church?

I don't really believe in God, or agree with the things my church does... But I go almost every Sunday and help with Sunday school.
I don't disrespect the church or its members for their beliefs... Is it wrong for me to continue to attend the church if I'm technically not Christian?

• Yes. Stop attending.
  • No, as long as no one is being disrespected.

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not wrong but as you said you don't disrespect the church, its members or their beliefs, so that doesn't mean you can't visit every now and again. Most people feel that once you are agnostic/atheist that means you are anti-religious and it doesn't. It just means you disagree with something. Also, if many of your friends are atheists/agnostic and you are religious and your friends invite you to a respectful atheist meeting, where people just voice opinions and point out why the disagree with religion then you don't have to decline either.

Most Helpful Girl

• nah it's cool. Christianity is supposed to be all about acceptance after all. i also know for a fact you don't HAVE to be christian to go to church.

What Guys Said 8

• If you had any idea how many Atheist pastors I've met, this would seem like a very superfluous question. People ought not be judged by their beliefs, but by their actions. That goes both ways.

• If you no longer believe - I would stop going

• Its not that I no longer believe... I just don't believe in everything, I kind of where with some things, others I believe are complete crap...

• as long as you are being respectful there is no problem

• is wrong to attend ALL churches

• No, if you like to be there, just be there. It's good to be around people.

• Churches are for Christians, you are not a a Christian therefore you do not belong there

• Why would it be wrong?

What Girls Said 1

• Ignore all these prunes! If you wanna attend go ahead, i doubt they're gonna turn away a fellow child of God ;)