Does anyone else think college is a waste of time?

I know that people who go to college have more career opportunities and earn more money, but I can't stand the going to school for 4 years to learn stuff I don't care about. It all seems like worthless information that you'll never use on the job. It just seems like all this learning does no good and it makes you broke. I only have two semesters left so I'm going to finish but I can't help but feel miserable from all of these pointless classes

• Yes it feels like a waste of time
  • No it doesn't feel like a waste of time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I do not believe at all it is a waste. It all depends on what you choose to study while at college. Some majors are a little more... pointless for lack of a better word than other majors. I'm going for performing arts/music as my major. I like to learn and college is an extension of that. I'm excited to go. College isn't a waste at all if you are going for the right reasons. You don't go to college to learn useless stuff unless you want to. I'm going to learn things that will be useful for my career in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's neither. It depends on what you want for a career, you know your dream job. I didn't even finish HS or get a GED but I still did my dream job for my dream company

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• For me, high school and generals in college are useless. But I can't be a veterinarian without a college degree, so I have no options.

• I think it depends on what you're majoring in. I think a lot of it is a waste of money and time.

• The current education system is broken, but it's the best there is for now.