What is tinder and what do people use it these days for... ?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a hooking/dating app. I use it, and it's fun to talk to new people, but most girls there seem like to only want a relationship or a friendship, which ruins the purpose of the app xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty much a hook up dating site that allows users to vote on people's pictures.
    You swipe either left or right (Like or not?)
    If you both like eachother... only THEN both can start messaging eachother.
    It's superficial, and a lot of people use it to sleep with one another

What Guys Said 1

• It's a mobile app that diminishes any opportunity for a pleasant dating experience. If you're looking for anything more than a 'meaningful overnight relationship', I wouldn't bother with it.

• Ok my boyfriend has it... Says its just to like pictures... He showed me no messages or matches. Is this true?

• I wouldn't be able to say, but personally I think it's a little suspect. I wonder what his reaction would be if you signed up to it? I'm guessing he'd be uncomfortable with it, as there really is only one purpose for that app.

• My thoughts exactly..

What Girls Said 5

• Tinder is a phone app meant for hooking up. It shows you only pictures and you basically swipe right if you like that person, if not you swipe left. You basically just browse through pictures and decide based on looks. Yeah it's very shallow and I hear bad things about the amount of catfishes and creeps.

• Most of them are looking for hook ups however you can develops friends from it, I suppose

• Hook up site
    Hook up

• To get it in basically

• It's just an online dating app that's purely based on looks