Who here has Social Anxiety?

Do you have any for of social anxiety? and if so describe what it's been like for you.

• I have Social Anxiety
  • I do not have social anxiety
  • I think i might have it, but not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• - can't answer phones
    - can't answer the door
    - anyone who talks to me is doing it out of pity and I'll mess it up
    - I messed up an order at a restaurant once. I'll never go back
    - I would rather buy a new thing than go back and have someone see me look for it
    - I won't ask for help at stores
    - I don't initiate conversations
    - If there's no self checkout then I can't shop there
    - I panic when a salesperson approaches me
    - no one actually wants to hear about my school
    - my boyfriend's friends only tolerate me
    - anyone who speaks to me does so in a condescending way
    - I can't even go to new years eve parties my boyfriend hosts because there are too many people. Except the people will all ignore me but I don't want them to because then I'm lame except if they talk to me it's only out of pity.

See my issue?

• Yes i see now.

• I panic at restaurants. I look up the menu beforehand and recite my order when they ask.

In school I have to write down my personal info (name, year, hometown, major) so I don't stumble and forget when we introduce ourselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure but I think I have it, possibly some other things too. For me I feel tense/on edge when in social situations, especially with people I don't know. I feel judged and don't want to say anything that makes me seem stupid or weird. I dread getting in a conversation and getting to a point where I can't keep it flowing and create an awkward silence.

What Girls Said 13

• I have it I hate crowds, they make me want to cry and make me panic. Even small crowds scare me. I can't do public speaking, I'm afraid to ask for things ( anywhere, and anything, like extra napkins). It is very stressful to answer questions in class, if I do know the answer sometimes I don't raise my hand because im scared of people looking at me. I hate it when people look at me, if I answer a question or speak out loud in class (to the teacher) I usually get some panic, can't breathe as good and my face turns red after. I have mini panic attacks in public. It sucks, it truly does.

• Pretty much everything @Prettygurl12 said, minus answering phone and door, self checkout. Plus I hate crowds, they make me panic I'd cry. I can't do public speaking, I'd freaked out, and I hate it when people turn and look at me when I answer something in class.

There's that. But it's getting better, except for the crowds which I still cannot stand it.

• I might have it, but I haven't looked into it too much. Hell, I'm sure I have a SHITLOAD of mental disorders, that could very well be one of them.

• I do. I'm not sure how to answer the second half of the question, though.
    http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/I-Know.jpg

• I have it when I don't want to be around someone and they don't take the social cues to leave me alone. I find different people's behavior somewhat overbearing and obnoxious. I find it creepy and start to feel panicky and defensive.

• Vote A = My trigger is ex dates approaching me when Im out

I DO get very bad, very visible panic attacks where I freeze or vomit or have to leave the venue, event or place.

• Not really. I just don't socialize too much now. I have my friends. Not looking to make anymore I guess.

• i do... i find it difficult to talk to people i don't know, even if it's just something simple like ordering food. i hate doing presentations, the only thing that keeps me from fully panicking is that no one actually cares about my presentation. i find it really hard to express sincere emotions to people that i care about. overall i find it really frustrating because there are things i want to say, but i get too flustered, or psych myself out and end up not being able to do anything. even though i feel like i should be able to do them; i can't.

• No, I don't :) I like to socialize

• I dont have it.

• I have social anxiety and I found that out when a therapist on the 7cupsoftea website told me that I have social anxiety

• Social anxiety sucks big time 😖

• I have so much social anxiety. I had to go to cyber school for half a semester because of it. I can't take many crowds and malls scare the crap out of me. I have spent most of my summer by myself because of it.

What Guys Said 5

• Ehh, I'm not big on the whole "socializing" thing. If you mean social anxiety to the point of mental disorder, nope I don't have it. I don't like socializing but I can force myself to try and socialize. I just have to pokerface through it. Once I get comfortable with someone I get a lot better at talking and stuff.

In a generic sense though, yes, I do have a lot of social anxiety. It's the shy, introvert side of me lol

• I was actually diagnosed with anxiety disorder, so yeah. It sucks but it's also not so bad because you get to hear everything.

• Kinda. I hate when I have to do a presentation in front of people since I'm a shy dude. Tryna get over it but it's hard.

• How do you feel about meeting new peopl?

• I've gotten a lot better at meeting new people. At the same time, I'd rather be approached then me doing the approaching since I'm quiet/shy.

• @Resoglass I don't know sometimes I start to panic and my voice start to tremble/shake.

• When I stopped taking psychiatric medication, my social anxiety disappeared.

• Nope, don't have it.