Anyone else think bananas are awesome but banana flavored anything is awful?

I can't be alone on this...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! That fake banana flavor is revolting. All I can think of are those banana laffy taffy's... yuck. But banana's themselves are delicious, and taste nothing like that awfulness. What banana are they tasting to come up with that fake flavor?

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I only said this to someone the other day!
    That but oranges for me are the opposite, hate oranges, but love orange flavoured things

What Girls Said 7

• I like some banana flavored things (like ice cream), but the candy/drinks are disgusting.
    evansheline.com/.../banana-kitten.jpeg

• I don't like bananas nor banana flavored shit 😐

• I'm with you there.

• I just don't like banana runt candy

• Im with u lol i like bananas but hate banana flavored things.. I don't know y its not the same

• Nah, I don't really like bananas much and I don't particularly enjoy banana flavored things.

• Honestly I think it's the other way around. Bananas are horrible and banana flavoured things are really good.

What Guys Said 1

• Cos the "banana flavoured" things... that flavour you're tasting is modeled out of the taste of a species of banana called Gros Michel.
    That species got wiped out by a fungus called Fusarium oxysporum back in the 20th century.
    The banana we have today are called the Cavendish which is resistant to that fungus.

That's why it tastes so "different" .

• Hell, the artificial banana flavour is created by an ester called Isoamyl acetate. That smells VERY different to the Cavendish we are accustomed to today.