Where were you on September 11,2001?

As the aniversary date of the horrible day fifteen years ago is coming near I'm asking this question respectfully. I personally was in the fifth grade. We were coming in from PE class, and the teacher had the TV on, In fact the whole school had the TV's on telling everyone a serious attack had taken place. Even today I can still remember vividly what happened. Please share your story if you want to. Please everyone be respectful on this topic.

I also welcome International GAGers to answer this question as well.
Please remember to be respectful with this question

Most Helpful Girl

• My 2nd grade class at P. S. 21 in NYC. School was let out early that day, and my dad almost lost his life while in Manhattan since his work place was close to the world trade centers. :T

• Wow, so it basically happened light in your front yard pretty much :(

• Thank you for MHG.

• You're welcome

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in kindergarten class when my mom picked me up
    and drove to the bronx, we were so scared cause my dad had a business meeting by the world trade center. he was 40 minutes late to the meeting, and luckily wasn't where he was supposed to be!
    we couldnt contact him! though and were freaking out, i remember being stuck in my grandpas apartment, and not knowing what was happening...

• That must have been very hard time

• i dont remember all to well, but my mom and dad were divorced, but still... she was stressed as hell!
      i remember not being able to comprehension what was happening

What Girls Said 18

• I was in 4th grade. I remember the 2nd grade teacher came down the hall, stood in the doorway and told my teacher that the world trade center had been hit. My teacher, who never ever yelled, jumped up and went "what?" My school had all the 5th grade classes and up watch the news coverage, but the younger classes weren't allowed. But I watched the news with my family after I got home. I remember not really understanding what was happening. I mean I saw all the horror clearly on the TV, but my naive child self thought it was just another action movie my family watched. I didn't understand exactly how bad this was.

• Sitting in 2nd grade in my desk quad (four desks put together). I sat next to Cody, diagonal from Lita, and across from Caleb. Caleb wore a yellow shirt. My teacher put the TV on and we watched the crash. Then the principal dismissed class. I got to walk home.

• Amazing what a tragedy like that can make you remember such little details.

• Lol yeah... no idea what I was wearing, but I distinctly remember his shirt color.

• The only thing I remember was what was on TV and radio and we had gym that morning

• I was in 9th grade World History class. That was actually my first day of high school because I was on vacation. That day was scary for me because things were so hectic. They let us out early and I couldn't find my sister (she went to school down the street from me). Then my cell phone died and I had forgotten my keys. And of course no one was at my house. I went to my mom's job and she wasn't there. I had no more bus tokens, so I had to walk all way back home. I was already crying by this time. I turned into my block and my mom was walking up with my little sister. I started sobbing when I saw her and ran and hugged her. That was probably one of my scariest moments ever.

• I was in junior h. s. I had stayed home from school that day and I heard my mom scream and when I ran into the room I saw the first tower in flames on the tv. My sister was in school in manhattan and had to be evacuated, I was so worried about her. I didn't lose anyone personally in the to

• ... in the towers but it still effects me to this day, t was so unreal. My aunt was at the site and saw bodies falling from the buildings, she was really effected by that.

• wow, There really are no words I can say. Very sad situation indeed. One we should never let happen again

• I don't remember, I was 4 years old.

• At school. Life changed for me immediately at school the next day.
    At 8, I was smartest in the year, football captain and very popular.
    September 12th, no one wanted to talk to me because I was Muslim.

• I am very sorry to hear that :( it's a shame what a few bad apples have to ruin peoples perception on a whole bunch who are very good. I have known Muslims who are very good and friendly people when I was in college.

• That's very kind. For a young girl, it's horrible. It was all the teachers too unfortunately.
      Over the years, people have learnt to be nicer. So I'm glad. I hope the world goes back to pre 9/11 days. For the sake of our children. by the way this was a good question :)

• Here in America it was awful, They sometimes treated Muslims it seemed like worse than Hitler and the Nazis treated the Jews and other minorties in Germany during WW2 :(

• I was in pre-school that day.

• I was at home with mom and dad because I wasn't even 2 years old? 😶

• I was in grade 10 and in music class.

• I was five so I was in preschool at the time, and my teachers started running to the phones saying to turn all the tv's off and that ours got unplugged before any of us knew what was going on. My school avoided it rather than tell anyone what was going on.

• Why avoid it, there are ways to explain it to that age group

• I guess they thought it was up to our parents to explain. My sister was in grade two in the same school and they wouldn't even let anyone out of the classroom. We're in Canada but not too far from the border so they were freaked thinking we'd be attacked next.

• Us too, we didn't even know what was going to be next. If they were going to attack other US places, Canada, UK, Australia, or Other allied nations

• Watching the news about it. T^T

• i was at work in a cheese packing factry at the time

• I was in class

• I was 5 and in school in England, so I don't remember it at all

• Being driven to school.
    I heard about 9/11 on Triple J, a radio station.

• At school in first grade.

• In 4th grade walking to my history class. My teacher had the tv on and it was showing the planes crashing into the buildings.

• Eh I don't remember because I was still a baby :/

What Guys Said 12

• I was in the first grade, and all I remember was being at school and hearing an announcement that made my teacher almost petrified. I was too young to understand what was really going on though.

My mother at the time was in basic training when it happened, and my grandmother frantically called her because she was afraid that the military training facilities were gonna be attacked too.

• Wow, definitely a sad time for everyone to look back on, but we cannot forget what happened

• I was in the eighth grade. My sister and I rode our bikes to school that morning. My dad was flying out too. I was walking down the hallway (I don't remember what I was doing before) when one of my teachers came up to me and said that a couple of planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. I remember thinking "O... kay?" I do remember hearing some of the other kids in my class saying that the saw a lot of planes flying around in circles.

Well an hour or so later, my homeroom teacher told me that she just got an email from my mother saying that my father was okay. At that point, I'm thinking "all right, what is going on here?" Later that afternoon, the vice principal gathered the seventh and eighth graders together and told us what happened.

• wow, very close call indeed

• Not really. We've lived in Kansas for almost 21 years now. But even so, it's easy to see how one would be worried about it.

And it was actually 14 years ago.

• I was 3 years old so I never knew what was going on. My parents did tell I was just crawling around the living room like any toddler would while my parents were panicking in the house struggling to get a call from my aunt as she was in New York City on that day.

My aunt eventually came home safely, but I still think of the hundreds of lives that were lost on that horrible day.

• Thousands man, thousands. I'm glad your aunt made it home from NYC though. When I went to Washington in 2005 and 2008 they were still constructing on the Pentagon from where it was attacked.

• I honestly don't remember I was only 8 and live in the middle of the country so it wasn't until a few days later that I saw the world trade centers were destroyed, it was a sad day, and one we should never let happen again.

• We defiantly should not let it happen again. Same goes with what happened in London in 2005, Madrid in 2003, Sydney in 2014, and Paris earlier this year.

• Well, their own people got Ghadaffi, We got Osama and Saddam

• Sadly the real killers of all those people have never been brought to justice, all because people refuse to ask questions.. I don't remember where I was, but I do remember believing the official story for almost my entire life, until I found more holes in it than swiss cheese..

• Sophomore in High School sitting in Health Class. The teacher overheard other teachers talking about it and turned the TV on and everyone was watching in disbelief. They eventually started to pull the busses up and send everyone home early but it was a very crazy day after that.

• I was in the first grade can't remember actually what happened here but people were very sad that's all I can remember

• Where were you when they built that ladder to heaven?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVM3O6zOhIU

• Was at home getting ready for school, still remember it vividly, I remember at school they spoke to us about it as well even though I was young

• Yeah, I guess all schools in the us talked about it

• I'm from Australia... but school spent a big amount of time on it, trying to explain what was happening
      But I remember every single TV station had it on, wasn't one that had other programs on.

• They had it on all tv's here too. and the Iraq war as well

• I had finished my lunch and was starting to watch television... so a special news start on tv... and i saw the first tower with smoke... Me and my grandparents spend the rest of the day glued on the television... crazy stuff for me, i was like... "it's like a movie..." :/

• school, it was weird because all the teachers were freaking out, and we had no idea what the hell was going on

• In my crib.