Why am I not making friends in college?

im not even embarresed about this, because its only really depressing for me (i know, depressing is a strong word). But, i cannot make a single friend in college, and I am not a freshman. I dont know whats wrong with me, at all. I am kind of insecure, but who isnt? Someone help please :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey you, how are the hockey boyfriends of yours?

Stop being so shy. Just join the clubs. Get yourself out there. Maybe you're putting off the "I'm shy and don't want to talk" vibe so people leave you alone, right? Smile, be more friendly. Ask people what time it is, think up random - innocent stuff to say because that will help you break out of that shell. That's how I did it.

At your age, age doesn't matter, honestly. I remember a couple of my friends tripped out because I was 24 and they were 20 or something like that, but whatever. We still became friends haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• if you are insecure that is a big reason. its easier to make friends when your confident and dynamic

What Guys Said 10

• It's not always easy to make friends in college, especially if you commute or don't get involved in campus life. Even if you do it's no guarantee.

I can only suggest to join clubs that you're interested in. Try intramurals if its available. Large classes don't tend to foster friendships either so you might have to wait until you're in smaller classes. If all else fails, I'll be your friend but let's hope it doesn't come to that!

• U have to stop being so shy! Chat with people in the dining halls, in class, on campus... take advantage of college! :)

• Join some clubs or activities.

Seeing you, I'd imagine most dudes would assume you're taken or are intimidated by you.
    For girls, I don't know. >_>

• Are you a sophomore? A lot of people don't begin to make friends until junior or senior year where you are in specific classes where everyone will have similar interests. You can always try to join a club if you want.

• I'm the oldest person in my classes because i switched my major late, so I'm kind of at a disadvantage there

• There's nothing wrong with that. Besides you can't be more than a year or two older than the other students. I took a year off after high school to figure out what I wanted to do with my future so I'm a year older than most people my grade.

• Maybe you are trying too hard. Just wake up tomorrow, look in the mirror and remind yourself how awesome you are. After that, just greet the world with a smile and openess, and I am sure you will find new friends, real soon

• just be try hangout with people :) u dont have too be insecure just be yourself. you look like a adorable person

• You've got 0 social skills. Happens.

• Join some clubs

• Are you at least trying to?

• Become secure?

What Girls Said 0