Are you left, right or center wing?

So I've recently noticed that I am more right than every atheist I know of.
I consider myself a centrist since I hold beliefs that are extremes in both directions.
For example I believe all basic human needs should be covered by the government such as:
food, clothing, shelter, health care and education.
I believe in gun control because I live in Canada and it works :P but I think ours is too restrictive. If a normal person wants to keep an AK47 in their house why shouldn't they.
When it comes to LGBT+ I don't believe we should redefine marriage and that these people don't need any special protections if they adhere to the Don't Ask Don't tell policy.

Where do you stand?

This question isn't about criticizing anyone's beliefs but just to see what they are.

• Left wing atheist
  • Center wing atheist
  • Right wing atheist
  • I'm not an atheist and I am left wing
  • I'm not an atheist and I am center wing
  • I am not an atheist and I am right wing

Most Helpful Girl

• Left wing atheist :)

• Yeah I could tell from your posts.

• Do I appear very right wing?
      Just curious because most atheists think I'm right wing and most right wingers think that I'm "socialist" lol

• I wouldn't have pegged you as right wing, no. I think that you have some views which are right wing but, as you said in your post, you also have views that I'd consider left wing. Centrist fits my opinion of you. (Right wingers tend to think anyone who isn't right wing is a socialist anyway, don't worry about it :P )

Most Helpful Guy

• Im an independent there are ideas i like that come from all sides. When it comes to rights and social life, im a hardcore libertarian. I beleive people should do whatever they want as long as they dont hurt or impede on the rights of others. I dont think the government should provide. Shelter or clothing, the individual must go out and get that himself. But i do beleive in free education up to college, free national healthcare for all and food stamps as i dont think hsving a bunch of starving people is a good idea. Im agnostic, just wanted to throw that out.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm the whole fucking bird

• hmm, i dunno. u tell me :D
    im not atheist but I don't know which wing i belong to lol!

• Left wing
      Pro choice
      For universal healthcare and free education
      For LGBT + recognition
      For gun control

Right wing
      Pro life
      Against gun control
      Against high taxes
      For laissez-faire economy
      Against LGBT+ recognition

There are a lot more but these are the main ones

• Centrist than lol

• close enough! :D

• Pretty much left, but not extremely so. I'm definitely a liberal though.

• Are you atheist?
      What are your beliefs?

• no atheists do though they constantly harass religious people and try to get them to stop being religious it's basically the same thing religious people do! I just don't want to get involved either way.

• Those are anti-theists also known as militant atheists.
      I've never forced my beliefs on anyone since I believe being an atheist must be a choice, you can't bully someone into changing their mind.

• Left wing. Atheist.

• Moderate Theist.

• Right wing Christian

• I'd say left wing atheist.

• Meh im more of a car person :P

• I only say non-atheist, center wing; is because I can't find the spirit in me to swing either way, and because I'm *gasp* a fundamentalist and contemporary Christian.

• Talking Points By The Ginger:
      1. I refuse to give special rights to the LGBT, because that would cause legal issues for the religious groups and criminal law. Besides, when we have protected classes, it becomes a favoritism, doubled-standard.
      2. When it comes to Life: I tend to reveal my sinful nature as a human being. I hate when people kill themselves over a potentially curable illness, but then again; I'd let pregnant rape victims choose for themselves life or death; especially the possibility to choose life, so they can make-up for a horrible situation.
      3. Gun-Control is to carefully wield your defense firearm-to protect citizens in danger, while keeping the gun out of harms way. Guns are only a problem if in the hands of in individual whom chooses evil purposes for it.
      4. People should be given what they need, not what they desire. (Welfare should limited) (Education can be at home as an option.)
      5. Women are to be treated as equally as to men, but within boundaries.

• It's never okay to murder, but we can only do so much to manage the human condition.

• Murder?
      Here's the definition
      The killing of another person without justification or excuse, especially the crime of killing a person with malice aforethought or with recklessness manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.
      Euthanasia and abortion are not murder.

• Left wing. Atheist.

What Guys Said 9

• I would say center, I like the values of the right, but I don't agree with everything they say. for instance I am atheist, and I am pro choice

• Not sure if the term is independent or moderate. I judge things on a situation to situation basis. Not really into the whole, "pick a side and cookie-cutter that for everything in your life" sort of thing.

• I would be european left wing and agnostic - I know that left wing in Europe and US is different - I don't which version left wing in Canada is closer to.

• I put center wing atheist but it would be more accurate to say I'm a libertarian than a moderate. I wrote briefly for a libertarian website.

• theist moderate. Pro life, anti taxes, pro gun control but still for gun ownership and universal healthcare/free education. while maintaining a capitalist system, pro legal immigration, not really pro LGBT but will recognize the unions.

• Left wing and athiest. Definitely don't agree on having an ak47 in the house, that would be the UsA

• I see nothing wrong with having an AK47 at home for self defence

• an ak47 hahaha, I don't think you need a 2 and a half to 3 foot assault rifle styled gun for self defence

• Center wing Atheist.

• Communist. So that's pretty damn far left.

• What type of communist?
      Marxist-Leninist, Maoist, Trotskyist, Stalinist?

• Why do you think Lenin was against them?

• It was simply the general thought current of the moment. Had Lenin been born this decade, he would most certainly support it.
      Besides, all philosophies refine and perfect themselves over time.

• A 1990s liberal.

or a modern day moderate...