Does the word 'hate' bother you?

I was upset with someone and I told them I hate them. He was really hurt. But all I could think was good! Now u know how I feel. He was so hurt he stayed away from everyone today and looked sad. That broke my heart. But its just three little words. Not like I meant it I was just furious u know. He apologised for getting me angry. And begged me to forgive him. So now I feel bad. Its just a word!!! I love this guy. Now am sad.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Hate is a strong word" is not just a saying, it's truth. When you tell a person you hate them you're basically saying you despise everything about them and feel cursed with their presence. Hate and Love are the strongest emotions you can feel, and unfortunately you told him you felt the most horrible way a person could ever feel about him. I know you didn't mean it, but try to be careful next time and do your best to show him how much you love him. Make a promise to yourself not to say that to someone who means a lot to you, no matter how tempting. Sometimes I get really mad myself and hate seems like the best word to say but I don't It almost seems like it's hard to express how mad you are without using that word but there are better ways. If you care about someone you'll do your best to nurture them, even in anger.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't like if I said it bc it suggests I genuinely care about their livelihood and well-being which in most cases I don't. I don't want them to get that impression. If someone said that to me I could care less really. Words aren't just words that's why they have meanings.

• Hate is a strong word, but I don't take it personally. Just apologise and move on :)