Sometimes it's sad to remember that I will stay 5'6" for the rest of my life?

I never thought I was born that unlucky to end up this height. Maybe because my father is 5'9", as a kid, I always pictured myself in the future as a 5'10"-6'2" man since all my male friends tower over their fathers. I had no doubt that I was gonna be tall. I never thought height was gonna be crucial anyway. Eventhough most of my friends were taller, I was never jealous. Probably because my mother used to tell me that some kids grew earlier, some kids including myself will hit their growth spurt late. I thought once I play basketball, I could gain height easily. But I couldn't. My friends were tall apparently not because of basketball or swimming or whatsoever. It's because they're born gifted and they didn't suffer from depression and sleep deprivation like I did. They also ate considerably better than me. That's why the day when I find out that I was almost done growing at 5'4". It was the biggest shock in my life. It's been years and I still can't let it go.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least you're lucky to be tall. It's ok if you're short, everyone isn't meant to be the same height. I'm sure you look really great in real life and remember that height isn't going to affect your life (not as much).

Just do those things you love to do, even the little things. I'm very short: 4' 10". How do you think I feel in school everyone is over 5' 2"? Whenever I meet someone, they always assume I'm in fourth grade, plus I have this ugly baby face, which makes it worse. Imagine walking around looking like that! And my height will stop in a year or two.

I feel you, like sucks, but you don't have any control, do you? But there are some things that could affect your growth, like eating on time, and eating right, drink plenty of water, and excercise. And be confident as well. Confidence is key.

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember you could be 4in taller and saying the same things to yourself, I know I am.

What Girls Said 3

• I think we all kinda have our own realizations about ourselves at some point. I always had a picture of me being a certain way too and had to realize that nothing in my power can give me that picture of me... It's our genes and genes can't be changed or helped so you just have to make peace with what you do have control over and work with that.

• Well, what can you do? That's the card you've been dealt. Just like the many people who are born with disabilities or are diagnosed with diseases, you make it work. Life isn't always fair. But like I said, what can you do?

• this guy's just messin around actually... i've seen him at least postin this question about being 5'6"... at least 50 times... still he didn't get bored...

• how old are you?

What Guys Said 1