Would you resort to cannibalism if there was no food left?

What if you crashed on an island with 10 others and the food ran out. Would you eat your own kind to save yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• History shows that most people do under extreme circumstances. Our will to survive overwhelms some of our otherwise deep moral convictions. The ones who do cannibalize survive and the ones who don't die. The longer you're alive the more likely you could be found and be rescued.

Right now I'll stick to my moral convictions and say NO but if my family was starving to death and there was a way to keep them alive? I don't know what I'd do. Life is so damn fragile.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like they did on the Mount Everest Story, You do what you Need to do to Stay alive.
    If your friend is dead, he or she is giving you this helpful hand by Helping you Survive so you can keep Living, @IamNuts.
    As Gross as it sounds and thank God I am Not much of a Meat eater, I would just nibble but Mostly Gnaw More on grass or berries or even any fish I could catch.
    Good luck. xx

• would if there was no berries or anything left? I am pretty sure humans can't digest grass we don't have the enzymes to do it cows can cause they have 4 stomachs.

• lol... I am watching as I write Ya @blondfrog!!! "Cheers"lol:))) xxxooo

• Thank you so much, sweetie, for the vote of confidence.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 29

• If it has vegetation, I would use some sharpen some tree branches and try to spear fishes in the ocean or just live off of the vegetation.

I would probably rather die than kill any of the others just for my survival.

It's different if someone comes after me and I "just so happen" to bite their ear off in self-defense.

#Tasty

• Those typos though.

*I would sharpen some tree branches..."

• probably. I've been in several life and death situations and the instinct to survive overrides your thinking.

• Honestly, who wouldn't? If there is no other alternative, people will do anything to ensure their survival.

• i wouldn't wait to get hungry, i would start killing and eating while everyone is still in shock...
    mwuahahahahaha

• Yeah you have to otherwise you would die I just hope the group doesn't turn and choose to eat me lol. I am skinny so I think I would be in the safe nobody wants someone with little meat on their bones lol.

• Me Chinese, me eat everythang!

• You know you can eat tree bark or trees in general.

If there is nothing , and its just a rock where there are no fishes. I wouldn't eat them. I would tell them to kill me.

• If there was no other choice then yeah. I eat all kinds of meat daily, what harm is a little bit of human gonna do.

• I would literally NOT Sleep at night and cut off everyone's legs and Cook them and feed it to everyone... I fed them too so it isn't that bad I guess...

• I would rather die

• Yeah sure, but I would limit myself to arms and legs and I would go for the skinniest victims.
    Human fat is disgusting and really tough to get through without a sharp utensil.

• Does eating your own hand count?

• I guess it does. It just seems hard to conceive that someone could eat their own hand ✋

• Better than eating another person

If Heaven exists, that's one thing that will damn me from it!

• oh yeah, never underestimate the survival instinct of people

• Naw I just kill myself #SmartestMoveThereIsInThisCase

• yes long before I would eat the airline food...

• Locking myself up from the rest and starve probably

What is the point though..."Alright, ate them all, now I can... still starve"

• Is this like a reef or something with no vegetation?

Better kill myself.

• No, I would rather eat grass or soil and not resort to cannibalism. I would prefer eating rocks, or insects. Now don't tell me there are none. Insects are the most invasice species that spread to vast areas except poles.

• No I wouldn't.

• I eat gurls 😋😋😋

• I would turn vegetarian on the spot

• An island? I am just gonna have to fish daily till i build a boat or something using wood and large leaves from the coconut trees.
    No coconut trees? You are fucked. Jk :p

• This poses the question. If you canabalize a pregnant woman is it considered a turduken.

• I'd resort to food if there was no cannibalism left.

• Bbq a arm... I think not lol

• hell no, i would eat the trees, bugs, grass. anything so i don't have to eat people

• If she was hot enough, I'd eat her regardless if I just ate a Big Mac, or if I was starving..

• Nope, I'm a vegetarian

• I wouldn't kill them to eat them but if they died sure.

What Girls Said 20

• Haha, nope! I'm vegetarian 😛 But anyways, I couldn't possibly do it, it's gross, like how are you even supposed to get human parts down your throat? O_o No. Just no. Never. I'd rather just simply starve to death.

• I laughed a little at the part where you asked "how are you supposed to get human parts down your throat?".

• if there was like 0 other food options like vegetation or a way to fish, then hell fucking yeah i would. i would be the first mother fucking to hogtie you and roast you soz

• I sincerely hope not but I don't think you ever truly know until you're in that situation. The reason and moral parts of your brain actually shuts down when true starvation hits.

• If I'm on an island, I'd be fine :) I can climb trees and find lots of edible plants and bugs. we'd be alright :p

• so many people have done such a thing but I don't think I could ever do that

• Yup, but I'd try to work out some kind of order and fairness. Some kind of system to decide who dies that is fair to everyone. Probably a basic lottery system. However, if there was a health care professional among the group members they would be exempt until the last round when there are only two left.

• Yes I would, without question. But I would not kill to get it.

• No, never. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I'd rather die

• hmmmm maybe i'll try to consume plants then fish... but if none of them would be possible then... who knows

• Of course I would.

• I can't eat meat (I can't process it) so nope. That would kill me faster than me starving.
    I can eat vegetation and seeds, that's what I eat now ha.

• A deserted island would still have food - fish, coconuts, various root vegetables... I'd do okay.

• Hypothetically speaking. There is no food on mountain tops either.

• Then yeah... Do what you have to do... In this case What I have to do.

• No I'd eat grass and leaves.

• nope.. i won't..

• I would just eat you IamNuts
    Seriously, an island I'm sure I'll find something!, might even catch Oliver Queen chillin' out.

• Nope, I couldn't do that.

• of course. but I'd eat animals first.

• Hell no, I'd rather die.

• i would rather starve,

• Nope, I'd rather starve