What is true freedom? At what point do you realize you are free?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some say real freedom is when you are able to make decisions by yourself, but that doesn't make much sense cause then everyone would be free...
    To me, freedom means being able to be yourself and do whatever you want. But we live in a society, so we can't always do that. So in society, freedom would be being able to do whatever you want and say whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, or interferes with the freedom of other people.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you don't depend on anyone.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think you are ever truly free - There is always some outside factor beyond your control invovled in every decision you make.

• When you look within
    and realize yourself.

Once you can truly accept, that things simple are
    and that change comes from within, not the outside.

Once your own body no longer acts as a prison to you
    but more like a tour bus. ^.^

• Freedom means being able to do as you wish as long as you dont hurt anyone or intrude on other peoples rights. You realise you have this freedom when you notice you live in america lol, or pretty much euorpe, Canada, argintina, brazil, australia, lots of asia.

• Freedom is a lie we fool our self with

What Girls Said 5

• In my perspective, I'm free when I can do whatever I want without any worries. Just being happy :-)

But in general, I think freedom is all about perception.

• Actually I think you are always kind of free ~ "You can silence a mouth, but you can never silence a mind." - one of my favourite quotes ever by one of my favourite poets ever.

• a1. True freedom to ME = death.
    a2. You realise you are free when there is NO obligation to ever do anything

• It's not important to be free, it's important to feel free. I highly recommend "Into the Wild."

• There is no such thing as true freedom for human-beings. People are incapable of experiencing it because they are not beasts. We can never be truly free.
    Even our own minds prevent us from being completely free.