I'm sure most of you have heard the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword", do you agree?
- Yes, I agree.58% (11)56% (10)57% (21)Vote
- No, I disagree.5% (1)28% (5)16% (6)Vote
- I don't know, I don't understand it.16% (3)0% (0)8% (3)Vote
- Other16% (3)16% (3)16% (6)Vote
- See answers5% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Most Helpful Guy
The pen is only mightier then a sword if it reaches a group of people that are themselves willing to act upon your writing. There must be action for anything to change, but a scribble on a piece of paper is not enough.
And no fool would bring a pen to a sword fight. Think of the writings that have changed the world, The Bible, Plato, Aristotle, Thomas Jefferson, Voltaire, Marx, Ayn Rand, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, etc. etc. Virtually every one of them had a readership that was armed and acted on their writings. Even laws are backed by an armed police force, so writings are more broad reaching but by themselves are not effective.0