Is Monster the only original energy drink?

Seems like everything else’s fake af…they say ED give u a boost of energy but dat’s BS….

Almost every time I drank an energy drink (other than Monster) after a bigger meal than usual…. it made me feel sleepy after an hr or so…

But wid Monster never had this prob…. it kept me awake for good….

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really drink energy drinks, but I noticed this too! 😱
    Like wutrafutzk?
    They don't know how to make energy drinks. 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• None of them work for me cause I have a low heart-rate and I'm just a calm guy overall.

Monster has, what, 160mg of caffeine? The most I've seen in an energy drink is in Rockstar Punched and Perfect Berry, both of which have 240mg of caffeine.

And almost any coffee at Starbucks has 300+ mg of caffeine.

So I dunno, maybe it's just a placebo effect for you. Maybe the other stuff (taurine, vitamin B, etc.) has an effect on you but only with certain energy drinks.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• Monster is the Mountain Dew of energy drinks if you ask me. But then again I don't drink energy drinks.

• Couldn't say for sure as I have never been a fan of energy drinks.

What Guys Said 4

• all energy drinks are practically the same, you get a surge of caffeine boost temporarily and then the effect wears off and you're back to square 1. I only drink monsters for the taste and refreshment.

• I never took to any drinks only drank some red bull with vodka a couple of times but never really got an energy boost because the vodka was making me drunk.

• Lol no monster is not the only energy drink, but I don't really drink energy drinks so I can't say in regards to their effects.

• but u drink tea and coffee... well they could be considered "energy" drinks as well...

• water tastes weird after food for some reason... but cranberry juice's nice.. :)

• It's probably because water has no taste per say and usually what you taste is a airy weaker version of whatever you ate. And yeah cranberry juice is nice, quite healthy for you to.

• Actually coffee is the original energy drink.