Do you think the hardest thing in Life is to be Yourself?

Life rarely allows this with all the roles you need to play whether in you work or personal life

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's the hardest, because let's be honest here that whole being yourself is a load of bull I'm sorry to be such a Debbie downer and a buzz kill right now but nobody really wants the real you... People want a cookie cutter personality and that's why this saying exists "Fake it til' you make it" I'm not saying don't be yourself, you could be yourself but you are just going to get hurt repeatedly until you get tired of it

• You have a lovely cynicism ( realism ) about you :)

• Thanks lol but I try not to show this part of me that I grew through experience because most women don't like that they rather be in a unrealistic fantasy than to see how it really is

• With women it is like a game of poker

What Girls Said 5

• No not at all, everyone has different sides to them for certain situations but that doesn't make them any less genuine of a person. Unless you're pretending, because then that's fake.

• I can see your point, but in a lot of roles in life there is always compromise

• Sometimes you cannot give fully to others due to reasons or circumstance. And sure compromise is harmful, but sadly necessary

• Maybe for you, but not for everyone else, therefore being themselves is not difficult.

• I think being yourself is easy if you are used to being yourself and don't have much to hide.

• It is not so much of hiding any thing for any reason it is more about what is put on you

• The hardest thing in life is to find the balance between your happiness and the happiness of the people you love

• Being yourself is the most important but a lot of people will hate you for it but fuck em lol

• It is more having to compromise to get by. Like in most work roles you can rarely be yourself for you are the slave to the dollar

• its easy for some.

What Guys Said 4

• i think there's a lot of different selves that i use in life, let me explain:

Depending on where i am, i take on different forms depending on who i am around:

- i have my professional self - co workers
    - competitive self - crossfit / tennis
    - nerdy - specific group of friends
    - creative - building furniture or projects

So these are a few elements to myself and its not that i am 100% this or that at the time, i increase or decrease certain values depending on who i am around. If i'm around non-competitive people.. i will obviously become less competitive etc.

• You play 'roles' as we all do. and while you are not being fake, you are still diverting from the real you

• I am competitive, goofy, serious, passionate, motivated and caring. However i am rarely all of these things at once, more so it depends on my environment. So if i can get myself in situations where i am the positives things (myself) the most than great! i am living Life!

Sure i love being cynical because that's one type of humor i enjoy but it depends on the friends i am around since i enjoy laughing with others.

I also love being competitive but if the current environment doesn't allow me to be that, then no problem.

- So what i'm saying is.. we're all different around different people or situations. Of course there are times when your "personality" doesn't mesh well.

Ex: i'm not creative artistically or musically... so if i'm around artsy people.. generally speaking i don't have much in common and i cannot move pass the cordial conversation.. so i try to avoid those types of activities.

• To a degree - I think the hardest thing is to analyse yourself - Yes you try to be yourself but then you analyse it to make sure that you were yourself - I find that the hardest part

• Nowdays yes

• Nah i'm pretty happy by myself.