Do models get paid before doing the job?

This model is charging me $1000 for a shoot and she wants to get paid before she actually does the job, is that usually how it's done? My friend who has also worked with models said that he never pays unless the job is done and done right. I'm just curious.

• Yes, they get their money before doing the job.
  • No, you pay them when they've done their job and you like it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont pay everything up front, that'll leave the ball in their court. You can negotiate half up front half when the shoot is over.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would a model get paid before the shoot...

What Guys Said 4

• Actually I've worked with models before working small projects. You always pay them after. If they expected me to pay upfront, I would tell them to get out and find another model.

• always paid after. a contract is signed stating the terms of the agreement and how much compensation will be. once the shoot is over the and that end of the contract is honored payment is made

• What you ought to do, is have her put a down payment on it, so that she's contractually obligated to do the job. Once she does the job, you give her the rest of it. Down payments are basically saying, I'm committing myself to you, and I'm giving you the money, not someone else.

• I have dated several models and actresses, a couple quite famous.

Use an agent.

• It's very unprofessional here the good famous models have no agencies so I have to personally approach them. thanks for the advice and you sound very good looking aha.

• which famous models did you date?

• @Bandit74
      I will never tell. And no one with maturity would expect me to.

What Girls Said 3

• Why would you pay anyone for not working yet? She's just trying to scam you, you give her $1,000 and she doesn't show up. It's a win for her and a loss for you.

• it's like any other job. do the job then get paid. don't pay her ahead of time it sounds like a scam... lol

• you pay them after.