How intense are the gender wars in America?

How intense are the gender wars in America? because every once in a while i hear something negative about the friction between the genders and share your experiences how much do the opposite genders hate each other

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel as though it is mostly online and that it is blown like waaay out of proportion. Some people get really into it, and that is normal enough when you think about how many people enjoy arguments. We each have our own personalities and flaws and I feel that gender does not really play into it very much unless the person does not think for themselves.

That said, there are legitimate issues with how society treats gender roles that need to be addressed before we will stop seeing sentiments like 'girls are so mean/confusing/jealous' and 'men are so aggressive/rude/insensitive/etc'.

Most Helpful Guy

• America is a big place. In some places it is really bad, and guys can't even offer to push a shopping cart for a woman, without her freaking out. Those women have been taught they can't afford to surrender any control to a man, no matter how small that control is. In other parts of the country it isn't bad at all.

It is pretty bad in my area. Here a lot of women like to shame men that don't "act like real men" but then freak out and get offended by the smallest comment about women being held to female standards. These are they types of feminists that think only women can be victims, and that men need to suck it up and take it like a man. Which in turn have turned a lot of men that use to be feminists into anti feminists. I even know several different groups of women that I have heard laughing about a wife cutting off her husbands penis. It takes a lot of sexism to find that funny. I don't know any guys that would laugh at that happening to a woman. Here feminism took a turn for the worse, and the gender war has created a great deal of distrust, and loss of respect on both sides.

I know women that have moved here from other parts of the states, or from other states entirely, and most of those women are just as sweet as they could be. So it really depends on where you are, as to what you have experienced.

What Girls Said 10

• things like the steubenville rape keep happening in small town America and that's pretty fucking scary, they always blame the victim. But other than that it's mostly just flame wars and death threats online.

• "Things like false rape claims keep happening in small town America and that's pretty fucking scary," You women aren't innocent angels either.

• it was not a false rape claim the VIDEO TAPED the entire thing there is no way to say that she lied because the boys passed around the tape and bragged about it ad admitted what they had done. Do you really hate women so much that you enjoy when terrible things happen to them? You are absolutely sick.

• why do you hate girls so much?

• Not as bad as the media makes it out to be

• No one hates anyone. But both genders are jeleous of the positive aspects of the opposite gender and this causes the immature ones to fight.

• I was hardly aware of it I mean yea some people get into it just like people who get really into any hobby, :) anything can be a problem if you make it one. real problems will get solved quietly and fast without out media because its real life, although on occasion they do find those honest good stories probably. well thats all I got from a half asleep brain.

• Its only intense on the internet

• I don't have any hate or war with the opposite gender and I've only seen it online

• not that much.

• Im thinking very intense and I'm not even from America. Im just saying from what I've heard and the constant gender questions here posted by americans

• @menburr you'd like that but sadly the world doesn't revolve around you now shut the f*** up and take your stupidity elsewhere

• I usually say something to a guy in defense. Especially on here men randomly accuse women of being feminist when the guy has no logical argument.
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/r8z6s2.jpg

• Whoever made that meme must be a real pleasure to be around in real life.

• i have no idea why being a feminist is a bad thing, it's unfortunate how feminism and feminazism have been confused so much

• I'm not even a feminist that's the funny part yet if I don't agree with a guy he is so quick to label me a feminist

• Not very - only on the interwebz.

What Guys Said 31

• Depends.

If you are a normal human being with a life: not at all.

If you are a neurotic asshat who could list "being offended" as a hobby: rampant.

• Blown out of proportions really.
    It's nowhere near as great as the media think it is , I see em as more of a "reality show" than anything.

• Dozens killed everyday. Mostly napalm deaths. Very tragic.

• Pretty darn viral. Especially in polical circles, office politics, no the like. Most girls are smart enough to keep their gender war strategy quiet, or known only to girl friends.

Even on Gag, it's obvious. Lot of the Girls only give MHO to other females, But... they will never admit it.

Just watch the responses to this post! Even though we all know that is happening... and there's very little to be gained here by those tactics.

They can't help themselves!

• They can't help themselves--it's compulsive behavior with MANY ANglo and mainstream women.

• It's intense online. In real life it just consists of the genders being distrustful of eachother but I'm not sure I'd call that a war.

• I wrote almost the same thing, sans the being distrustful.

• Have not yet experienced a problem, but wear my body armor and carry and AK-47 just in case.

• Only people who hate participate in that.
    I love women.

• I think it's most intense in America, in other countries it's more a one sided thing hence not a war :D

A war is something where both sides stand an equal chance of sorts while the other way is bullying lol

• What? It's amazing how the Internet can be a tool to disseminate knowledge OR drivel. ... and, happily, a tool to seek out which is which. I hold this in the latter category. I have a fondness for the opposite gender. (c;

• It's bad online, but every kind of argument is worse online, whether it's politics, religion, consoles, or whether a knight could beat a samurai.

In real life, arguments are pretty mild, and usually good-natured. It's not any worse in the U. S. than anywhere else, I imagine.

• On the internet, it's worse than WWs I and II.

In real life, I don't even notice it.

• so intense that people have gender identity crisis that become national news for several months after deciding they felt more like a woman!

• I don't know and to be honest I never experienced or heard of any other these gender issues and feminist vs. meninist battles I used to see asked on here happening in my area before.

• Women like to shame us if we don't adhere to our gender roles as men but yet women won't cook a man a nice dinner with a cold beer at the end of the day without being called sexist.

• I don't have any hate on women. Sometimes, I find them stupid (and I'm sure they feel the same way about men). But I don't hate them.

• The women here "think" it's an actual war, but the men have been winning the game since our country was founded.
    There is no war if there's already a clear champion.

• The "gender wars" are mostly an Internet thing. A few thousand hateful people on both sides flinging virtual feces at each other. Then, there are some unfortunate real life incidents. But the hate that exists on the Internet is very specific to the virtual world. Most normal people can get along just fine.

• I live in the U. S., but I don't hate my opposite sex; nor do I know anyone who outspokenly hates their opposite sex.

• I don't think the gender wars are near as bad as the political polarization that exists now.

• A lot of it is people looking for fights, because their lives are so fucking pathetic and boring that they feel they must resort to violence and bullying to get their rocks off. These kind of "humans" belong in a zoo.

• Not as intense as they are on the interwebz

• can say in the actual USA its self but online it can get pretty bad with people trying to force their ideals and tunnel vision view points on others most of the time.

• More intense than the ones in Antarctica

• That's a good questions I love these questions 😛

• It's a war zone. Fights. Savage attacks. Nobodies safe.

• it get so intense it leads to war in bed

• Women rape too! That's all I'm saying!

• The only war is with the manginas/white-knights/feminists.

If they are out of the way, it shouldn't be too hard to put them back in the kitchen or throw them in the brothels where they belong. Women should be covered from head to toe and they dare not speak among us men

• I think it's mostly on here and Fox news.

• I think it's much worse in Canada than it is here. People are rarely confrontational in person.

• How is that worst? no one is causing a big up roar here like in America.

• This is like a non issue here in Canada.

• All those protests at the Toronto University campuses have sparked a lot of controversy in the last few years. In fact I'd think that is the epitome of what has created the recent sexist arguments between genders.

• More from Guys
    1