Is 26 or 27 too old for the military?

I'm 25 right now and I think I want to go for navy seals. I'm an athlete and in great shape. I'll be 25 or 27 by the time I finish grad school. 26 or 27 still young enough to handle the rigors of intense military training?

Most Helpful Girl

• Doubt it. The military will take whoever is fit I would think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im in ROTC at Pennstate and i plan on becoming a Ranger ( Special Forces) for the Army. I don't know how your body looks strength and agility wise. Though if you want to become a Navy Seal man be ready to hit the breaking point of life in training. There will be a point where you will feel like a little piece of shit but at the end you will be glad you did it. Not only that but you need to be in tip top condition like being able to do 100-120 pushups nonstop. Being able to walk with 120pounds of gear on for like 15-20 miles, etc. I studied all the special force units in and out. Navy seals is hard but if you plan on doing it good luck and may god be with you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• All I can tell you is good luck, you'll need it. The Navy SEALS are quite stringent on who enters, and if you don't impress the D. I. s, they'll put you in some other program. Not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying it's gonna be HARD.

• I've experienced a lot in life at this point in my life and have excelled in academia. I have read numerous books on motivation and famous navy seals. I know their vocabulary and I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm a professional and want to enter the ranks. I can't say I'll make it but the I can say the only way I'll be going home would be to injury.

• That's the attitude they wanna hear. Shouldn't be a problem, brother. Godspeed!

• You have until you're 28 to join the SEALs without signing g any waivers. After that, you have until you're 30 (with waivers).

Besides, Chris Kyle joined the Navy SEALs when he was 25. So did Medal of Honor recipient Patrick Murphy. You'll be fine.