If you had to jump from a tall building to your death, would you do it with your eyes open or closed?

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City and what the jumpers must have felt.

Would you jump with your eyes open or closed? Face up or face down?
And why.

• Eyes closed
  • Eyes open

Most Helpful Guy

• im scared to death of heights I would have tried to build a parachute somehow.

• People tried that, it didn't work. The wind ripped it from their hands

• They didn't have access to any of that, they were trapped in a burning building with limited space to m e around

• I don't know I think I could find something in my office. im sure they had stuff. hell even if I had to rip the carpet off the floor id do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• i voted with eyes closed

What Guys Said 4

• I can't imagine what those poor people had to go through. But to answer our question, I think I would jump with my eyes closed - at least before I hit the ground.

• If I was in that dire of a situation, I doubt I'd have time to make a choice. I'd just do it. Orbit and ride the ride down as the building crumbled

• eyes closed, I don't wanna see going down

• My eyes would probably open from curiosity.

What Girls Said 1

• probably closed. i dont want to see where i land.