Why does my mom always talk about people?

Today we had went to the mall and she was talking about how people look. Like when we were sitting on the bench, this girl that was walking by had a tattoo on her leg and my mom "what does she have on her leg, a snake?" Then these people were walking by us and my mom was like "Are they just short or are we just tall" . She was also like "what she got on" and all that other stuff. Why does she do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I guess physical appearance is very important to her and either she's very judgmental or simply very curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone does this to some degree, and in some form or another, we size people up for purposes of securing our own insecurities by comparison and or contrasting, some people are vocal about it, others keep it to themselves. Whether right or wrong, we're all subjects to perceive, analyze, and finally make a conscientious choice. I feel like somethings are better left unsaid, but on the same token, what they don't know can't hurt um... It's not as if your mother outwardly raised these questions to the 'perceived ' person, 'No harm, No foul'

What Guys Said 6

• It's just her reaction to what she thinks people look. If he doesn't say it loud and people don't hear her comments, that's okay.

• Oh ok thanks for answering

• Wow your mom is a chronic shit-talker... she obviously isn't happy with herself. People who are TRULY happy on the inside, don't make those types of comments about people.

• Because she has nothing better to talk about, I dated a girl like that and it honestly irritated me. It usually stems from low self esteem so watch how you act and determine if thats the way you want to be... hard since its your mom.

• Thanks

• ... I thought you didn't? Or is it that guy from the bus?

• The guy on my bus is a different guy but the guy I'm talking about now use to be a stalker to me and get to my locker before I even get there and help me with my stuff and hug me everyday, etc. :/

• It's her way of having a fun time.. I think.

However in my opinion, It's a non-threatening disorder of needing to speak
    more and think less, cause thinking is stressful, that's why we have beer.

• Lol thanks for answering

• AHAHAHHAAHAH yo mama is funnay ma Pwincess! 😘

• Because she needs a spanking
    popow her butt she needs to know thats a nono

What Girls Said 3

• She doesn't mind speaking her mind out even if it's unecessary sometimes. Your mother notices things which we all do sometimes but she won't be afraid to say them. It's not because being is her intention, she is just taking without thinking if it's right or wrong.

• Oh ok and thanks for answering

• Probably just a bad habit or bad manners tbh. My mom is the same way I just ignore her.

• Oh thanks for answering

• Cause she's a shallow woman with no friends whatsoever.

• Lol and thanks for answering