Video Gamers, has there every been a video game Story that evoked an emotional response from you before?

Like somehting made you tear up or made you smile?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The last of us hit me, the story of Ellie and Joel was extremely touching, hope 2 is about them but I doubt it. The walking dead telltale game when lee dies almost had me too. Mass effect I got a little attached to some characters etc and made me sad some times and some of the assassin creed stories have made me sad such as Elise dying in Unity

What Girls Said 10

• Definitely Ocarina of Time where you get Epona, that made me really happy, even though the ending of the game was kinda sad.

• Oh yes that was a great moment. he's like 'you can't get out!' but then you ride epona over the wall. Epic!

• I agree. It's been so long... so very long since I played that but that one is an absolute classic and was a masterpiece. When he first pulls the sword and transforms until an older version of himself it sent shivers down my young back.

• Yes different games have done that to me. The ones that made me tear up some is this one scene in skyward sword, final fantasy 10, Oblivion main quest, and persona 3.

Then ones i remember that made me laugh a lot because of funny scenes phoenix wright series, disgaea, persona 4, and spirit tracks.

• I remember really feeling for the characters in Xenogears. you ever play that one? its an old ps1 square rpg.

• I haven't heard it before but i will give it a try one day.

• The Walking Dead

The last episode of season 1 had me crying. I wish things would have gone differently :/ but now we're waiting on another season, video game move on.

• Yes, some games did. Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 (not talking about the ending), Walking Dead (by Telltale Games), the Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption... I'm sure there's more.

• There's plenty of games that made me smile 💙

• 0|1
  • Legend of Zelda OoT

• You mean every episode of Life is Strange to date? Hell yes.

• Yeah... Some of the Assassin's Creed games, Remember Me, and Bioshock Infinite.

• Final Fantasy! <3

What Guys Said 9

• i'm going to hell and bakc for this, but "spec ops; the line".
    If you think it'll be call of duty, your wrong. Dead wrong.

the ending of "medal of honor; warfighter" was really strong too.

Then there's the famous words; "war, war never changes"

• "War. War never changes.
      Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage."

Those lines still give me the chills, even if the game is almost 10 years old now.

• Have you seen the trailer for Fallout 4?

• @anno_domini i got the piip boy edition waiting for me, and i saw the trailer the same day it hit the net. also i sayed up to see the bethsoft e3 presentations XD

• Child of light
    Ori and the blind forest
    Brothers: a tale of two sons

Those are the ones I can recall
    off the top of my head right now.

But if you haven't tried either of them
    I'd recommend all three. ^.^

• Child of Light i heard of, the other ones no, are they recent games?

• @YourFutureEx

It had some creative mechanics using the system
      having to deal with two separate objectives at once.

And the connection you get from the characters
      makes you sympathise their situation.

It also had music pleasing to the ears. ^.^

• Perfect! Thanks.

• I never cry during movies, I get a little emotional from books, I nearly cry at video games. The walking dead, The last of us, Mass effect 3, the latest episode from tales from the borderlands I nearly cried

• Would fear be something? I bought Dead Space when I was 16, my parents could audibly hear me screaming. Course, I was 16 and any damn thing was scary. Lol!😆

• Yeah, when Mordin Solus sacrificed himself in Mass Effect 3 :(

• SPOILER ALERT!
    SPOILER ALERT!
    SPOILER ALERT!
    SPOILER ALERT!

When Sephiroth killed Aeris in FF7.

• The ending of Fallout 3, also.

• I used to play the Wolfenstein 3D sequel "Spear of Destiny" with the lights out, late at night, and would get freaked out when I heard random German shouted at me.

• Deus Ex. Best story ever!
    cdn.themis-media.com/.../946874.jpg

• Yes the last of us , and the story of ezio and Edward kenway

• The Walking Dead by telltale games obiviously.