Should America return to isolationism?

I think we'd be better off like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so, we have enough problems of our own without worrying about the rest of the world

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I think we should for a while at least.

• With isolationism, the USSR would have taken Europe in the Cold War. Like it or not, you're too big of a thing to look the other way.

• The USSR doesn't exist anymore. There's no need for a superpower (NATO) to govern the entire world. If another USSR or Nazi Germany arises, we'll beat them down like we usually do... Probably with nuclear weapons this time though (which would would destroy this world admittedly). I don't know but I want the USA to act more like a King as opposed to a Policeman.

• I was going for the whole history repeats itself thing, but you do make valid points :)

"I don't know but I want the USA to act more like a King as opposed to a Policeman."
      Haha, that must be the most American thing I've heard all day! :P

• well put Amish people in charge of the nation

• We're not in a position to return to Isolationism.

• Hmmm... Perhaps a limited foreign policy then? The federal government is trampling on our individual rights through things like the Patriotic Act and its fetish with terrorism.