Do you really believe that the saying blood is thicker than water is true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, in certain aspects it's right, if my sister came to me with
    a serious issue i would take heed of it , me and my sister haven't
    spoke it's been in over a year, i really miss my niece she just
    started high school and i really worry how things going to turn out
    she only got 4 years and she graduates from school so sad i missed
    almost all of her life growing up.

Most Helpful Girl

• i do, although the title 'husband' is the only exception to that.

• Personally I'd say that husband and wife are thicker than blood because when you get married, you basically become one person

• well yes, technically speaking. i just wasn't technically speaking for people who dont believe what happens during the marriage ceremony =] but yeah i would like to say they are about the same. @rahdle

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, the composition of blood makes it thicker than water.

Here's a link.

www.sciencedaily.com/.../130218092505.htm

• The saying gawd

• Oh you mean the expression. Well it depends on the individual in question.

For example if your father molested you or something, he'd be worth the same as dog shit to you but if your family really care for each other, then that bond is very hard to break.

• It is most times. And blood is also physically thicker than water so yeah that too

• No matter what, your family will always be there, but your friends can come and go. But some aren't close with their family, so it doesn't apply to everyone.

• Yup I sure do, marriage would be the only thing that would an exception to this though.

• Just because you were born into an Alien species that is superior to humans and have super strength, speed, invulnerability, x-ray vision, heat vision, flight, and near immortaility, you somehow want to rub it into the rest of the leagues faces online. Come on now Zell-El.

• yes i really do

• Yeah I believe it for sure

• The texture of blood IS thicker than water.

• Yes, definitely. Have you never noticed when getting a cut etc?

• I know blood is thicker then water, I'm saying it like do you think that only people that you're related with (through) blood, are they the only people that you can trust? That's all.

• We'll literally it is... so

• depends on the person

• No my family members are fuckwits

• take a blade cut you hand collexct the blood in a container then compare !!

What Girls Said 4

• It depends. For instance, abusive parents don't even deserve the title of parents. If my brother ever turned into a low life scumbag, I wouldn't even want to look at him.

I think respect should be earned, not immediately given just because of your family title.

• For me, no. My mum is constantly busy with her work, and I'm busy with my stuffs. I'd like to think that 'blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb' is more applicable for me.

• It's not true if family members has issues with each other.

• In my case yes! I am a very loyal to my family. Hurt my family , regardless of who you are and you become an enemy of mine.

I don't necessarily believe it's true in everyones case though

I have known people fall out with family members and they won't have a word said against them. So i guess it depends on each individual.