How comfortable are you with socialising?

I feel like I'm incapable of having any sort of coversation without feeling anxious and awkward. I just never seem to say the right things or say anything at all. How much of a socialite are you?

• I'm the most awkward person on earth. Like wtf are social cues and body language?
  • I'm somewhat awkward but I can still socialise
  • I'm alright at socialising. Average, I'd say.
  • I'm the bomb at socialising. I can hold a conversation with nothing but body language.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm awful at that conversation thing. :(

Bad with knowing what to talk about and responding and not sounding like an asshole.

Not a people person at all tbh

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest I don't know. Were you to ask me this some 3 or 4 years ago, I'd say HEELL NO!!! because I was the shy and anxious creature in existence due to having no friends. I still don't have any but I have somehow managed to grow out a backbone over the past few years and I wouldn't say I'm as shy as I used to be. But I can't test out this claim since I don't get to socialize anywhere.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm pretty comfortable with it. only place it gets annoying is in a tutorial where nobody knows each other and everyone is too shy to talk so i ALWAYS have to be the first one to break the silence -.-

but yeah in more relaxed settings, I'm pretty easy going.

i think the way to get over being anxious is to stop thinking. the best conversations feel almost unconscious in my opinion. stop overanalysing and just let it happen. if silences are a part of that, who cares? :)

• I'm okay with socializing. I do better with small groups or one-on-one, though. It's easier to focus and hold conversation that way.

• I'm awkward, but I can still socialize. I've had to meet new people constantly my whole life, due to moving around.

• I find it easy to socialize with people, just smile and be spontaneous :D in real life though, I'm very bad on social medias

• I'm okay...
    Though the more awkward you think you are the more awkward it becomes

• Very comfortable. I talk to strangers everyday

• Eh I am average

• I'm like you. I don't socialize well at all.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm kind of weird when it comes to socializing.

In real life when I first meet a person... I am very shy and introvertish. I blush, I can be awkward, and I get kind of quiet. I can try and force myself to socialize but honestly I can be very bad at it because of my shyness.

However, once I get comfortable with the person... I act basically exactly how I do online. How awkward I'd be considered online is up to all of you GAGers xD. I guess I am alright at that point. I am a pretty chill person so I don't become really too talkative at any point. You can tell when I'm comfortable with a person irl though, because I'll talk with a bunch of little jokes scattered throughout whatever I say xD

So I guess on the whole I'd be a choice B? I'm super awkward at first and am shy, but once I get to know the person I become alright.

• A few years ago I was absolutely horrible at it, but now I'm actually pretty good. Yeah I'll stutter a bit when I'm nervous, but once I get to know the person I could talk with them for hours and I always make them laugh like hell during the conversation.

• I have no problems socialising at all, except when it sis with good looking women! :P

• It's okay to me. I don't refuse to talk to anyone and I can hold a conversation quite well with an unknown person.

• Quite uncomfortable. As in: if I don't know you or don't like you, it's going to be one word answers from me. And there's no way on earth that I'm going to make eye contact with anyone. That shit's terrifying D:

• Ikr? Eye contact feels like satan is staring into your soul

• And concentrating on eye contact distracts you from actually listening. :( Such a pain.

• Exactly.

Loving the Pepes by the way ;)

• I'm ok with socialising, I tend to just start conversations up and build trust with the people I don't know, and can get on with anyone. Then there is times I like to just chill, and take a back seat.

• With just anybody my socialization is okay and I get by, with girls it's a mess.

• Depends on with who , with a man it's really easy to have conversations , with women , i can't even start a conversation let alone *socialize* :)

• I can socialize but I'm really insecure about certain things...