Have you ever been to couseling/therapy?

I went to couseling when i was crying to my advisor one day when i was scheduling my classes for the next semester. I was crying because of personal issues and it was getting in the way of my school work. She recomended i talk to a couselor so i did and it was the most emotionally exaughsting thing ever and i felt like this person with so many problems who hides them so well from everyone else. I was extremely depressed, and i thought it wouldn't really help.. but im now glad i got it off my chest and told someone about it instead of keeping it in. Have you ever went to counseling or therapy? What do you think of people needing things like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I went to therapy for depression and it really clicked with two. Otherwise, they seemed to be doing it just because. But the others really seemed to care and I grew a bit attached and relaxed and easy to confide to.

I think that if it helps, it helps. Do what you need to do that helps you feel better and if therapy and counseling is that then so be it.

I also went to therapy because apparently I don't know my gender well enough and need to convince two therapists and a doctor to allow me to use hormones and be who the fuck I am over the course of two years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and i still go to therapy twice a month. I think there is nothing wrong with need to talk to/see someone about your problems...

What Guys Said 6

• No, but maybe I should. Cause the internet hasn't exactly helped me with the problem I think I have.

• Never. But I need one.

• yes, after my grandma who raised me died, it was a year later of course

• Yep, it was pointless... I benefited more from talking about it with a close friend

• I need one, but can't get one.

• Once. I had this tragic event happen my first semester in college (like bad enough that they let me drop out without putting W's on my record despite I was past the dropout deadline.)

It didn't go over well.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I went to a hospice counselor. My father had died because he got subjected to agent orange in Vietnam and it caused brain cancer and he slowly went insane and died in his late age. It kinda scared me and I had to see one of the hospice counselors. I didn't want to but I was only 15 so they made me. If people need it then they need it, it's not a bad thing. You're just trying to improve your future by getting over something.

• They're wonderful unless you have shitty ones like us -.-

• Yes. Filler