I just got 8.9 million dollars in a court case. what should I do?

im thinking about quiting my job and just doing whatever the fuck I want for the next fifty years.

i found out about this on Friday and been drunk since lol. got to figure out the tax stuff with this.

Most Helpful Girl

• For what? You're wife ran you over with a car? :D
    If that is true which I doubt and you could of put yourself at risk... You deposit through the bank with most of it, pay off bills or buy a new house and car, maybe start up a business and give some to family (or get something nice) That is what I would do if I had 💸

• lol not a wife just some random person on my lunch break. i was walking on the side walk and she just ran me over, then for good measure she reversed over me. so yeah im in a lot of shittyness right now but fuck did my lawyer come through

• my arms work lol but the walking part is not going well

• So you haveto update your home to accomodate you... all these things to worry about- just talk to a financial bank advisor.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• Save. That. Shit.
    Pay off all of your bills (and/or parents/relatives bills) first. Sell your car and get one you would like having. Get a SLIGHTLY big house if you want, you don't need a mansion.
    Plan a vacation. Visit a country you would have never seen had you not gotten money.
    Do something good with your money

• You should really talk to a CPA so you don't lose it all to taxes and then go from there.

• if u had 8.9 mill u would NOT be asking a bunch of randoms. let's not act silly now :)

• You were *awarded* that money by the judge, or it actually hit your bank account already? Those two are very different things. If you already have the money in the bank, I would hire an accountant. And be very careful about new friends who just want to help you spend that new money! Pay your taxes, your lawyer, and your medical bills first, set aside 20% for savings and 25% for investing, and have fun with whatever is left. Congrats!

• Fuck bitches get money

• Congratulations! Don't quit your job though. That's a lot of money but not enough money for the next 50 years...

• dont burn through it too fast its going to suck ass when you run out of money and your too old to go back to work. Buy some jet skiis, rent a sweet cabin with a great view, buy a rolex watch and some ray bans but just be smart

• That's so dumb. Double that amount of money by investing and stuff...

• Invest it, and start a business. That way your money can grow. Even millions can run out.

• Woah, congrats dude.

• How the hell do you win 8 million in a court case?

#onlyinMurica

• Get an accountant and invest it. Don't waste it all at once.

• Congrats dude!

• What happened in court?

• Go on an adventure and save the rest or go to a strip club for the night

What Guys Said 28

• What you do with it is your choice and none of my business, but I hope you don't let it all go to waste and end up broke.

• Holy fuck dudeman. Good job.
    You could live rich ($200k a year) for 44 years off of that.
    So maybe you could live almost-rich for the rest of your life.

Or just invest it/mutual fund and live off the interest?

Just... be wise.

• I've been on the internet long enough not to believe that for one second.

If you are telling the truth, though, don't spend it without getting a job and investing, because inflation will take most of that away over the next 50-60 years of your lfie.

• wow good for you!
    haha, i would rent a small apartment somewhere on the amalfi coast, i find a nice italian girl, and live day by day with her
    we would drink great wine, wear great clothes and drive a nice Alfa Romeo
    oh and i a boat would be nice...

• Get yourself a Financial Adviser and put that money in a bank or safe investment account. I would go with a Roth IRA. Better yet ask someone like Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey about this. I don't really now much about sums that big. But if you're in the USA I would consider putting the money in separate accounts since the FDIC only insures deposits up to $250,000.

• If you think you can retire on this, you're an idiot.

You are now in a position of fuck you. Don't lose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUsbBC6VYz8

• higher a financial advisor, invest the money and live off the returns.

• You can buy cheap real estates, rent them and keep getting money monthly without having to work.

• Aren't you already making plenty of money off the Air Jordan royalties to begin with?

• Lol well I'm in debt so my obvious answer is gimme some, duh :p

But i would keep my job cuz there's security in it, it's a pretty good one.

I'd get my family all squared away money wise and then get modest yet classy living arrangements that would work within my means. Same with car.

Then I'd just have fun, freedom and security! n_n

• What was the case?

• Use it to make more money.

• JUST don't be stupid and waste all ur money go to work if u only work for the money then find another job u like spend it wisely

• Then the world will recognize you as one of those idiots who spent all of there money and got bankrupt.

• Buy 8.9 million lottery tickets...

• Send me a check for 100,000, and thank you.

• There is a high chance you will not see more than half of that money if not less. I would not quit your job.

• Invest! Don't quit yet. Most lottery wins end up broke because they quit their jobs and end up spending all of their money. Invest, once you have a solid income and base from that for your retirement, then quit.

• Huh.

*Goes out and gets run over by car*

Now I wait.

• What u should PROBABLY do is give it to me.

Trust me I'll keep it nice and safe :D

• lol nice try kid. the only reason I got so much is my education and job title. bitch ran me over twice and I had to have like major fucking surgery to make everything right again. I got screws and metal bars in me now.

• xD fine but u gotta respect me for trying!

• Dont blow it all man maksure you invest it , in stocks housing. Only spend like million on parting rest you can live off of

• hire me as your personal adviser with a nice starting salary. that should be your first step.

• Hey you can always send that money to me

• Seriously?

• yuuuuuup. honestly I really just want the best sushi and whisky. i don't have expensive taste

• @dudeman Shit that's a lot of money! If you're not trolling, you should buy a new house, new car, whatever you please!

• I agree with what you want to do

• Just help me to gain a little too. I couldnt see my girlfriend for long time because of 1.000 dollars flight ticket money. I can pray you all the time for this bro.

• How much did the surgery cost and how long was it

• Hookers! Make it rain on them hos.
    Then #2inthepink3inthestank

• lol cocaine and hookers? I am definitely going to party for a couple months