Have you ever explored "The deep web"?

If so, what was it like? I heard so many horror stories and all, but what was your experience on it? And what were your thoughts about it? Good? Bad? Interesting? Never something you would ever do again?

• Good experience
  • Bad experience NEVER AGAIN!
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• The anonymous option has never been more appreciated than now. Yes, I've explored the deep web. Thing is, the deep web is simply the majority of the Internet - parts that Google cannot access because their crawlers did not reach it, on purpose or otherwise. I'm sure even parts of GaG are considered the deep web, since Google wouldn't have indexed those specific pages.

Now, the dark web is something else. This is the part of the Internet that you need a specific browser, proxy and web address to use. There are some incredibly disturbing things on there which I won't even mention. People say that's a myth, but nah, it really isn't. The farthest I ever got on the dark web was a directory that listed certain dark sites - and from there, I was incredibly careful what I clicked. I ended up going to some sites that offered encrypted codes to crack, as well as sites with very strange political ramblings. But that's as far as I went, and as far as I ever will go on there. People use 'freedom of speech' as a lame excuse to do bad things on there.

• its sad what people are into nowadays...

• brightplanetDOTcom/2014/03/clearing-confusion-deep-web-vs-dark-web/

Most Helpful Girl

• A few weeks ago, I watched an informative video on youtube talking about the deep web. I didn't know that such thing actually exists. But that was one of the moments that made me lose some of my faith in humanity. Not too much had existed anyways. xD

And no, as much as I like acting like a detective, I don't want to go there. Let me maintain what remained of my hope in humans.

What Guys Said 14

• I have not explored it. Partially because I'm currently on my university wifi, which they monitor to a certain extent (they'll only get you if the rules are broken or if you raise a red flag). If I ever go searching in the deep web, I'm going to need VPNs -- some sort of anonymity masking my computer.

• Deep web in a nutshell:

dead links, dead links, virus, dead links, porn, dead links, dead links, child porn, dead links, fake hitman contractors, dead links, books, virus, old deserted forums, dead links, etc.

The mariannas are bullshit as well as the requirement for quantum computation.

If you're a newfag, don't get on the deep web unless you want your computer to commit suicide within 48 hours. That place is full of aggressive viruses. Even for MAC users... This is not google search. Your Apple computer will get raped as well.

The only interesting thing about it is that it contains a lot of documents and archives that journalists use. Wikileaks documents and such.

• Found multiple websites offering to sell coke, weed, and asthma inhalers. Also found sites that sold weapons and counterfeit currency. Heard of the dark net part, but WILL NEVER TOUCH IT. If you have a webcam while surfing the deep net, block it with a paper! It's not as secure as you think unless you have layers upon layers of proxies.
    It is also the source for hiring legit hit men. The hit man sites you see or get from google are just traps and live baits. There is child pornography, torture for payment, and psychopath experiments posted there.

• I upvoted this because I have heard this quite a lot and think you speak the truth. It seems pretty bad...

• This makes me feel extra sheltered :/

Learning about the world is always fucking depressing, with no exceptions.

• I agree there's sick people out there

• yes... and it is an ugly place for the most part. Surfers be ware...

• Sounds like dangerous stuff, the types of malware and viruses there will probably make your computer explode. :-P

• I've heard of some of the deep web involves; child porn, hitmen contractors, sale and auctions of ppl's identities, drugs and guns, terrorist and cult groups, etc.

No thanks, i'm not trying to get caught up!

• Lol still use it from time to time... its made out to be so bad... it really isn't just if you are doing stupid things. However there is really no such thing as the deep web... people don't realize this.

• from what i heard its mostly child porn and black market stuff and some stuff about sick people doing sick things there is not anything i would want to visit the deep web for

• Yes, I have. There's some crazy shit you can find there.

• explored it a lot. seen a lot of shit.

• well depends on your view point. personally i like gory shit. but the pedo stuff. it messes me up. i looked it up because i was molested and i want to understand these sickos. needless to say i have yet to find my answers all i found was a bunch of them sharing their videos and pictures so when a cop raids a house its already on 20 million more computers. its fucking terrible lots of hitman and scams and snuff films rape porn lots of good stuff too mainly for people who can't legally have free speech in their country they need to be able to talk about political stuff too.

• Im sorry to hear that, I how you find your answers. Stay safe :)

• Lol no way man

• I never have, and hopefully I'll never stumbe across it.

• It's not something you can just "stumble" across. You have to download the Tor browser in order to have access to it.

• @Xelebrum
      Oh, good. I don't have to worry anymore!

• Won't you get arrested if you visit it?

• Sounds like something I would avoid.

• Never experience it but the Tor Browser does hide your identity such
    as your IP number and stuff I've heard of the Deep Web and if you
    don't know what your doing. i believe there could be hackers there
    who can take control over your computer i am scared of all them

• >>but the Tor Browser does hide your identity

Have to chip in here and say no it doesn't. Not if the exit node is insecure, which can definitely happen. It takes time, but that's how CP rings and sites like Silk Road get eventually brought down by the FBI.

What Girls Said 5

• Never heard of it before and after reading some of the comments on here , I have absolutely no interest in seeing it.

• Part of my job involves exploring unknown areas of the web.

• What is deep web?

• I want to, but I know it would fuck me up for life; like that 3 guys and 1 hammer vid. I think I've seen enough crap on the standard Internet, tbh...

• never heard of it