Is it weird that my friend with benefits doesn't want to take my virginity?

We've been friends with benefits, off and on, for almost 3 years and have both dated other people in this time. We liked each other and hooked up when we first met so we've always had a "flirty" friendship. We've done everything together except have sex. He's jokingly brought it up a few times but he's never tried to pressure me into it. Recently, we had a talk about actually sleeping together and he was kind of surprised that I chose him to be my first. He seemed a little hesitant but he said he doesn't mind as long as I'm 100% sure that I'm ready. He was my first for giving/recieving oral so he knows I'm cautious about who I'm physical with.

Do you think that might have scared him off? I've mentioned a few times in the past that I wanted it to be special and with someone I'm dating or seeing, I wasn't suggesting him in particular, it was just a general statement.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if he's also your friend i think it's not weird for him to think of your future. Like he might be worried you'd regret it years down the line and he'd feel bad

What Guys Said 3

• I might feel scared that she'd develop feelings for me or that maybe it would be better if she lost it to a serious boyfriend.

• Nope very normal

You will always remember the guy who took it away... i dont think he wants to be that guy quite frankly

• you are not friends with benefits if your not having sex ,...

What Girls Said 3

• He was probably scared that you might have developed feelings for him

• See i was surprised that all the comments said this. I guess i see the best in people lol

• He is afraid that you're going to cling onto him if you sleep together.

• He either respects you or is afraid you'll become clingy if you sleep together