Am I thinking too hard about this?

I've been frequently spending time with a new friend I made at work. We went to the same high school, but never actually started hanging out until now. We both have a LOT in common, and she's just an all around amazing person. I'm so blessed to have such a great friend in my life. We're both females. I was born a female, but she is a MtF transgender. As far as I know, she's still physically a male (I haven't ventured on this topic a lot, because I'm afraid to offend her/ hurt her feelings). However, she IS taking Testosterone blockers & estrogen medication to further her journey of being who she feels she was born to be.

Anyway~
Two nights ago, we were at a bar drinking, hanging out, and listening to music. We like dancing together, and I like spending time with her because she brings me out of my shell. One I've been living in without any hope of figuring out how to get out of it. I'm very cautious about who I open myself up to, but something about hanging out with her makes all of that disappear. It's just so good to have a friend who brings that side out in you, right?
Okay, so we leave the bar and she drops me off at home. I give her a hug before exiting the car like I always do. Then out of nowhere she gives me a kiss. It definitely felt more than just a friendly kiss that females give their pals. There was no tongue involved, but I felt the energy.

What I think I'm going to do is wait til next time we drink again, and see if she does the same thing.
But what does everyone on here think?

*Yes, I'm openly bi-sexual. I've been open about it since 8th grade, and I've known I was atttracted to more than just men even longer*

What Guys Said 1

• this is such a sweet story :) i hope you two hit it off but let it go on naturally and see where it leads. it sounds like she feels comfortable enough with you to take a chance and kiss you and see where it goes...

maybe you'll have to wait on it again, maybe ull have to initiate it if you're interested, or maybe you'l just go with the flow but it sounds promising :)

• Thank you. I just don't wanna make things weird between us. She's a really awesome person, and I haven't had a good friend like her in a long time. So I'm not sure where this will go but I'm just happy to have her in my life. I really never thought of her romantically of the bat, but the kiss sure did put things in perspective.

• dont worry about men your friend sounds cute :p

• oh she is. <3 :)

What Girls Said 0