Why do people still hold onto things from junior high/middle school?

So back in the day, in junior high/middle school about 11-14 years ago, I did some stupid stuff that I regret but at the same time there are people that still hold onto it and act like you're the same person from back in the day.

For example, last night I went to my hometown's fall fest and ran into people that didn't like me back in the day give me dirty looks/awkward silences when I was with other friends, making it awkward. Not because of me but because of the other person making a big deal. It's almost like they see it as there's no way you could have changed and I'm just minding my own business and there they are making a big deal out of it. It's like it's more of an issue for them than it is me and I'm the one who screwed up, but like I said, it was over 10 years ago.

Not that I'm too bothered by it, I'm just curious why some people are like that and make big deals out of smaller shit that happened a long time ago. It's like why can't people let the past be the past. That's part of the reason I don't like running into people from high school. Not every single one of them, I'm still cool with a lot of them, but sometimes you gotta deal with people that hated you back in the day and still see you as the same person or sometimes you see people you never really talked to buddy up to you like you were best friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ever heard the saying, forgive but never forget? It's pretty much that.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0