Do you sleep/nap with your contacts on?

I took a nap with prescribed contacts, and woke up with super red eyes. After that, I've always been reluctant on repeating what my dumbass self did - which was sleeping with contacts.

Have you ever done it? - tried it?

• Once
  • Rarely
  • NEVER
  • Occasionally

Most Helpful Guy

• I've napped with them on, but now when I get home from work I take them off asap.

I've read sotries of people going blind from infections cause they left them on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have. My eyes don't get red, but very very dry and teary. Now I remind myself to take them out now before I lay on the couch, that's where all of the cons accidents happen. I only occassionally fall asleep with them in the car or on public transportation.

What Guys Said 6

• Just once. I was celebrating new years eve at my friend's house. When we finally went to bed at 6 in the morning I couldn't really be bothered to change clothes and take out my contacts, so I just said fuck it and went to bed. Next morning my eyes were all dry. Don't really feel like doing that again.

• I don't have contacts or wear glasses but I had a friend who did that. People thought he was really really high.

• Yep... I had a concert that day and people were like O. o damn she looks fuuucked

• Yes. Sometimes I keep them in for days at a time. They are not meant for this but for the last 4+ years I've been doing this, my eyes are healthy according to the DR.

• I have napped several times because I didn't have a place to put them. I also have swimmed with them (eyes open) lol. We share an unbreakable relationship lol xD

• Nope... never ever do that, it can permanently damage your eyes. Also never go swimming with your contacts on.

• People, if you are financially able, get the eye correcting surgery. It is painless and easy. I did that 15 years ago and I think that is the best decision of my life by far, lol.

What Girls Said 10

• I can't because I just think of how horrible my eyes will feel when I wake up and that puts me right off!

• Three times 🙈🙈 I told myself to never repeat it again the first time I've did it, but I've repeated it twice already. I really don't want to nap with it on, but I've been too tired to remove it. ><

• When I first started getting contacts I would forget to take them out. Sometimes I'd wake up with dry eyes and sometimes I'd even wake up with one contact missing! That was annoying. Now I have those 30 day and night contacts - you can leave them in for a month before switching to a new pair. I'd recommend them to anyone who is very forgetful about removing their contacts.

• I have those but I still don't trust them as much to sleep with em

• I accidentally took a nap a few times with my contacts in. I don't get red eyes, but I really don't want to sleep in them. I don't know why I was so exhausted those few times and just... fell asleep sitting up haha.

• That's a recipe for disaster! Try not doing that ever again. =)

• I don't wear glasses/ or contacts but my roommate often sleeps with contacts. Her eyes look really really read the next morning, but still she's too lazy

• Omg I never knew you have to take your contacts out if you want to sleep! D: I have been sleeping with them on like 24/7 now and it's never done nothing with my eyes. Although, I do take them out when I want to shower though.

• I've napped like 1 hour max because my eyes get really red and itchy afterwards if I do have it on longer but I never sleep in it.

Plus you don't wanna take a risk with your eyes.

• Never ever ever!

• I do it every now and then but my contacts are extended wear contact lenses. Which means they are safe to sleep in with. But they still feel dry after a long day and i always remove them before bed. However I do take a nap while wearing contacts occasionally.