Do you buy media or pirate?

Do you buy media or pirate?

Since I'm poor, I never pay for movies and very rarely for music. I add things on my Wish List on iTunes so I remember them and illegally download what's on my list. Since you can't pirate apps, I buy them when I have money to buy a gift card.

• I always pay
  • I always pirate
  • A mix of both, I pirate when I can't buy

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I go to the cinema a lot so I feel I pay a lot into the film industry but I have downloaded a couple films, usually for good reason. I prefer going to the cinema. I stopped paying for music like 10 years ago. I know few people who pay for music nowadays. I never listen to the music I paid for years before too so I feel it's a waste of money. My tastes and favourites change almost weekly.

What Guys Said 5

• If I can buy it, I'll buy it. I try not to download things (aka pirate) because I don't have a VPN service I'm paying for currently. I don't want too much evidence left behind. Because of that, I'll stream stuff instead. I'm willing to download small stuff (like music things) from my phone using cellular data though.

• I pirate, I will buy digital media when they start pricing it according to local purchasing power.
    I can't honestly be expected to pay more for digital media than the people in the US do while my wage isn't even one quarter of what people there make on average.

• Exactly, people make less in Turkey but we're charged more.

• Games? I buy. Films and series? I pirate.

• I pirate when I think the artists truly deserve it and are not already rolling in money.

• I only buy things that are worth the money.

• Justin Bieber's new single?

What Girls Said 2

• I usually pirate

• I pay for mine to support the artist.

• What if they're already rich?