How do you deal with death?

How do you deal with the fact that you know you are going to die? I'm only 28, but I think about it a lot and it makes it so that I can't ever be truly happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to just assume I've got a pretty long time tbh.. It's inevitable that we'll all die one day, it would be a pretty terrible thing to be immortal anyway. I just hope I can live a happy life and make other people happy too; that's the meaning of life in my opinion. I don't want to live to be so elderly that I can't live a satisfying life any more, that sounds worse than death to me

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to enjoy it. People will suck, work will suck, emotions will suck.
    I forgot where I was going with this, f*ck it all ! Kidding.

The best part about life is you choose how you want to feel.
    Let me be the one to tell you that Freedom is one of the best feelings there is.

America may not be truly free, but as long as you can climb a mountain, scream I f*cking did it ! The struggle will be the climb, but the view may be the most inspiring thing you'll see, even if its just grass & trees. ;P

Enjoy the little things, don't waste time, those few seconds can turn into long hours of grief when and IF you do get old.

What Girls Said 6

• Well I believe in the afterlife so maybe that's why I'm totally at ease with things but what can also comfort you is knowing that even if there's nothing after death it won't affect you because you wouldn't know about it.

• It kills my motivation for building a billion dollar company. What's the point?

• @Asker

Because you still have a life to live now and can enjoy all the happiness that comes with it.

• Why dwell on the negative when you could be doing something really positive and meaningful with your life. You could have depression if you can't find joy in anything.

• it forms part of life... its inevitable

• Eh, it doesn't really scare me.

• Read the bible and meditate about love, God and his son

• Its an inevitability of life, something i have no control over so why fight it/constantly worry about it. It will happen no matter what i do...

What Guys Said 7

• I'm 19, almost 20 and this issue is exactly where I get my confidence from.
    Do whatever, before it's too late.

After turning 19 I realized that life won't last forever hence, as Shakespeare (approximately ) said :

“Life... is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.”

That's why I don't stress about unimportant things like most people do - it doesn't matter. Does the life of people who lived 200 years ago matter to any of us today? No.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkw-K7BujJE

This song sums it up - if something bad happens to me, it just glances off.

• But on the other hand, this teaches you how valuable your time really is.
      Like, for example, I won't waste time on people who acknowledge that my time matters and that I have a value, because I only exist once, so do you...

• Another good example : I don't care about spending "too much money" on some certain things, because money comes and goes it just has a made up value. there are many examples

• Happy about my past, pretty good feelings on my present, and I'm looking forward to the future, even death.

We are sentient pieces of organic matter and are just part of a cycle, but man what a cycle it is. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

• It's part of life, I accepted and become ok with that when I was only 10-12, just live you life the best you can and do it your way. That way when you can look back when your old and gray or about to die you can take solace in the fact that you lived a full life.

• There are several philosophical viewpoints. I try to be logical first. Maybe it feels like life has no meaning. Maybe you just can't see it yet.

It's not easy, I want lie. But anyway you look at it, you should try to enjoy life. If it doesn't have purpose, you can do no better or worse. If it does have meaning, you don't want to waste it.

• I think of it as a state of how it was before I was born. Nothingness.. Not too bad, right?

• I know there is life after death. Keeps me happy. :D

• By accepting it.