Do I need a legal notice to get my sister stuff out of my storage?

My sister doesn't help pay half on the storage and her stuff is in it. The storage is in my name and I gave her 30 days to get for stuff out. She told me I need get a legal notice... I live in Ohio

Most Helpful Guy

• Legal notice? I don't think so. A certified registered letter should work. You'll have her signature on the return receipt that she received your notice.
    The Anonymous person may have a good idea. Ask the rental place if it affects you in any way that you're going to stop paying on the locker. I'd still send her the certified/registered letter letting her know you've abandoned the locker & it's now her responsibility.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would check with a professional first before doing anything. It's quite possible that may not be the case, but you want to make sure you're protected in anyway possible in case she gets salty and wants to cause trouble.

What Guys Said 2

• Since it's your storage unit you don't need her permission to remove items. The question then becomes what to do with her stuff. One option is to announce a date that you will bring it by her place. If she doesn't let you take it in, you can always leave it in front of her place. Bear in mind that such actions can escalate into all out war.

• Get your self a new locker move your stuff there and stop paying on locker 1 then tell you sister she can pay for the locker or move her stuff or buy it back at the auction

What Girls Said 1

• Out of your storage unit? The one in your name? Umm, no.