Do u feel the skin being cut diring surgery under local anesthesia?

Most Helpful Girl

• well it depends where it is.

i had surgery on my face and even though they gave me anaesthetic i was still awake, so i could feel the pressure, but not the pain.

on something more serious, they'd have to knock u out so u feel nothing at all.

• oh sorry, local not general. yeah so you'll be awake but not feel anything really.

• ooo ouch. did the needle hurt though before it went numb? =/

lol ok, so a few years ago i had some large moles on my face. i got them removed for 2 reasons. 1 was that it was getting to my confidence big time, 2 was that i was in fear that they were cancerous.

• Ohhhh... no i didn't feel much coz of the numbing lotion.. also.. if they give u the first needle.. u won't feel the rest coz its gonna be already numb

Most Helpful Guy

• No you shouldn't. Anesthesia just keeps your heart beating barely and you breathing barely. The rest of your body is shut down.

• What about local as numbing like part of ur foot or anything

• Oh nah. In local you'll be awake and everything. You won't feel anything in your foot though.

What Girls Said 2

• Uhhhh? If you can feel the skin being cut during surgery then doc failed at drugging you up.

• Nope. You shouldn't be able to feel anything in the area that's been anesthesized. But you'll be awake during the surgery.

What Guys Said 2

• No, you don't feel surgery under local anesthesia. Almost no one could tolerate it.

Local anesthesia is generally safer than general anesthesia.

• Your not supposed to. If you do it's because they didn't give enough or they didn't wait long enough for it to kick in yet