How many of you are single and feel lonely? What do you do to make yourselves feel better?

I do meet a lot of guys but unfortunately nothing ever really works out. I usually find out they are already in relationships (this is probably 70% of scenarios) or we're not compatible, there is no attraction or chemistry... they're rude/disrespectful/just want sex.

Most of my friends are in relationships, and the ones that aren't are just busy going on dates all the time.

I'm kind of sick of going on dates and really want some time to myself, but then I can't help feeling lonely at times. It's kind of bitter sweet. I'm at work right now and it's so quiet and lonely at work too. No one talks to each other.

Everything just feels lonely. What do you do so that you don't feel lonely?

Most Helpful Guy

• I go on drives and walk the local malls and try out a new restaurant... then I realize I have no one to talk to about these experiences or eating alone driving alone sucks :(

• I know... like I do a lot of things. I travel a lot.. I do go out a lot.. I even see my friends sometimes. but it's not the same as having someone.. and I refuse to settle for someone I don't want to be with... life is weird.

• I've tried it. Most of them are like 36-38 year olds (your age 32 is my set limit).
      They are looking for a father for their kid which scares me. I just want to go eat dinner get to know each other. Then I get very young girls like 17-19 looking to lose their virginity which is also creepy. I work a lot 25 days a month in remote arctic sites so I'm hardly home. I did have an old class mate of mine wanting to meet up for a date but the dates never coincides and she lost interest because I was coming off as a flake. Day before I went home they aske me to stay an extra two weeks

• At my age most eligible woman are single mothers or very young looking for an older guy (which I can't bring an 18 year old) to meet my parents it's basicly dating a 16 year old mentality wise.) I get the random creeper girl when I used to post my number and she'd call asking me to talk dirty to her... I could hear her voice moaning... it's not a turn on to me

What Guys Said 5

• I try and meet girls, but it just seems impossible. I feel so alone and sad. I don't really have a simple fix. I kinda wanna take up drinking. Every now and then I have a great encounter by just being myself and being friendly, but it never turns into anything. I just hate it! If anyone has any good how to meet someone advice, I'd sure appreciate it.

by the way I am actually a nice guy.

• well I realized that dating nowadays is actually really horrible. I have some friends and relatives who are a lot younger than me and they are beautiful girls and guys don't approach them. Everyone is too into themselves and their stupid smartphones. 10 years ago when I was their age i couldn't go outside without MINIMUM 1 guy talk to me.. every day. When I was your age I'd go out and meet so many people. Nowadays when I go out, it's rare that a guy will approach me or that other people will speak to each other.

It's sad but most people use online dating.. I haven't used it and I never will, but if you'd like to give it a shot I'd suggest that.

• online dating provided me with 2 serious girfriends, 2 hookups, and a questionable combination of each.

• Why don't you get a pet. I know it may not fill all your loneliness but it might help. 🐰🐶🐱

• I do have a pet.. but lol there's only so much that can do for you.. and sometimes it actually makes me feel even worse thinking all I have is my pet... you know? I don't want to be the old cat lady

• I am trying to do the same and yeah it is really really hard.

• Chemistry such as he isn't fun and dont talk much?

• All these lonely girls, all these lonely guys... I'm in kindve that shitty situation right now. Too bad all the lonely people can't just find each other and help each others situation out cause it dosent have to be this way. Its rough... I normally talk to plenty of girls and have tons of friends but being at an all time low right now in both, you don't realize how much you take it for granted. All I can say is work out, keep busy, do you. But at the end of the day, loneliness still sets in and even keeps you up at night. Keep a positive attitude as well. I plan on getting out of this situation as soon as I find a way. Sucks being the good guy and being shy on top of that, makes it harder to meet girls and keep their interest. Really I'm a fun, good guy and decent looking , but a lot of girls go running towards the asshole men for whatever reason and fail to notice me. The ones that do tend to love me but it usually ends up only lasting a couple months. Good luck with everything.

• So true. All the loners should just meet up one day and have a big picnic and a nice cry hahahahahah

• @Jwowpow Big hug session too!

• masturbation helps

What Girls Said 2

• I try to hang with friends and distract myself.

• During my leave days. I feel so lonely and feel bad. othukke